Average mpg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What is Fuelly? Can some one please explain.

A website where you can record your fuel consumption, and compare it against similar cars.

Quite an interesting site, observing the range of fuel consumption for a given car.

2012 C250CDI, for example range from 40 to 58 mpg.

www.fuelly.com

My W124 230E isn't brilliant on fuel I must say. 32mpg on a good day. I thought it'd be a bit better than that bit I guess it's heavy, has a 4 speed gearbox and a diff that has it reving away on the motorway!

MJK 24 said:
My W124 230E isn't brilliant on fuel I must say. 32mpg on a good day. I thought it'd be a bit better than that bit I guess it's heavy, has a 4 speed gearbox and a diff that has it reving away on the motorway!

That is reasonable tbh

mercedes e320 cdi w211 around town i get on average 33 mpg, on motorway anything up to 45 mpg

currently averaging 24.5mpg on the W203 C320, not too shabby considering that is a 14mile commute on the M4 into Shepherds Bush each day, I do maybe 2 miles of free flowing traffic then crawl the rest of the way to work.

My W245 B180 Cdi 2 litre diesel according to the computer readout averages 38.9mpg, on trips to Southampton (no motorways) 44mpg and on motorways I have recorded 53mpg driving at just under 60mph.

My W245 B180 Cdi 2 litre diesel according to the computer readout averages 38.9mpg, on trips to Southampton (no motorways) 44mpg and on motorways I have recorded 53mpg driving at just under 60mph.

Are you happy or disappointed with that?

I forgot to post the photo at the time, so this was the best MPG I have achieved since owning the car. E55 5.4ltr supercharged.
SNV30516_zps205470f1.jpg

E320cdi w211 done a 50 mile trip the other day with mixed 50mph (damn av speed checks) & 75mph mostly, & tiny bit of town, average mpg was 46.7mpg.

I do a 14mile trip to work every day & get from 31mpg some traffic to 37mpg no traffic at all.

But do a different route on way home through town & country lanes with a fair bit of traffic and average 29mpg.

getting a power/economy map done easter saturday so will see if it helps.

AMGeed's picture above reminded me of one I took at the time in my old 2002 E55: -

Dash27.jpg

Was on my way to work one morning, not in any rush so just took my time. It was probably the least fun I ever had in the car. :(

Are you happy or disappointed with that?

Its not quite up to the info given by the manufacturers, but you will never achieve results compared to calculated results :D But yes, I am happy with the figures. I have considered a remap, but would need to keep the car a number of years to see any savings.

28-30 around local town, 30-35 on local country runs and 38 max on long country runs ie essex to Norfolk on A & B roads

The Vito does 25-30 mixed driving, 30 at steady 70, 40 being VERY gentle and I don't look and couldn't care less when giving it a bootful.:devil:

AMGeed's picture above reminded me of one I took at the time in my old 2002 E55: -

Dash27.jpg

Was on my way to work one morning, not in any rush so just took my time. It was probably the least fun I ever had in the car. :(

I saw 27mpg once in my E55, on a very steady journey up to the lake district from Surrey. Car was fully loaded too!!

Never been close since:D

Constantly looking at my mpg gauge now. Earlier i was getting 37.5 mpg around town, then I picked up the mrs with her shopping and it went down to 26.2 mpg. When I told the mrs that her weight was affecting my mpg it didn't go down to well lol

Constantly looking at my mpg gauge now. Earlier i was getting 37.5 mpg around town, then I picked up the mrs with her shopping and it went down to 26.2 mpg. When I told the mrs that her weight was affecting my mpg it didn't go down to well lol

You didn't ask her to get out and walk did you? :devil: :eek:

50+mpg

I have a 2003 c270cdi with reconditioned injectors and it regularly returns an average of over 50mpg on journeys exceeding 20 miles.did London and back last week,about 120 miles, and computer said 55.9 mpg

23mpg short 10 min runs to work, 32mpg long runs 25mpg average.
SLK350

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom