£24. Really?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I signed up for instant ink, they send you larger cartridges and for me it worked out cheaper than 3rd party cartridges. For £3 per month I get 100 full colour pages, can print 100 photos if I wish, automatic cartridge delivery to the door before the old run out (saves petrol), Up to 100 extra pages carried over each month, online vat billing and if the printer packs up, like Sky you ring HP and tell them you need to cancel as printer is broken and they send you a brand new replacement rather than lose you as a customer, win win!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Samsung seems to do really non-logical deals on their A4 laser printers. Like for example they have two versions of the same printer, identically in everyway except the one that is £40 cheaper has wireless connectivity too (yes the cheaper one has EXTRA functionality).

When I bought it about a year ago, it was £90 after samsung cashback.

It's now £110 after £75 back from Samsung. Comes with 1500 page colour and 2000 B&W toner cartridges. So that's £110 for printer plus toner.

I've used this printer, and it's predecessors over several years and its a damn good workhorse.

Replacement toner at the same capacity are £320.

I just buy another identical printer when I run out of toner

Yup Canon has a similar scheme ... genuine cartridges are far cheaper from somewhere like 7DayShop

Bloody Canon......always defaults to full colour prints and very difficult if not impossible to set a default B&W mode.

Samsung seems to do really non-logical deals on their A4 laser printers. Like for example they have two versions of the same printer, identically in everyway except the one that is £40 cheaper has wireless connectivity too (yes the cheaper one has EXTRA functionality).

When I bought it about a year ago, it was £90 after samsung cashback.

It's now £110 after £75 back from Samsung. Comes with 1500 page colour and 2000 B&W toner cartridges. So that's £110 for printer plus toner.

I've used this printer, and it's predecessors over several years and its a damn good workhorse.

Replacement toner at the same capacity are £320.

I just buy another identical printer when I run out of toner

Cartridges for mine cost about £55 each and I need 9 which do not last very long- but is is a photo printer..........:)

All printers (inkjet and laser) are provided with 'starting cartridges'.

Not quite all.

And some of the 'starter' cartridges supplied with lasers are not quite as dismal in terms of the number of prints as the joke ones supplied supplied with some inkjets.

My laser black & white printer can do 1500+ pages easily on one toner, which only costs me £15.

If you check the manufacturer's spec for the laser toner cartridge or the ink cartridge, it will show the page yield which says how many pages the cartridge can print.

ISO/IEC 19752 test page is used for monochrome cartridges, based on 5% printed coverage of an A4 page.

ISO/IEC 19798 test is used for CMYK colour printers, and it is based on 20% printed coverage of mixed text and graphics.

The actual number of pages will vary, but these figures are a good comparative indicator.

It is also used to calculate the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for business printers.

Good business printers will be able to support high-yield cartridges with a rated output of 10,000 pages or more.

This of course brings down considerably the cost per page compared to SOHO and Consumer printers.

I have an HP Envy 5540 and have signed up to instant ink which works well for me.

I pay 0.99p a month and never run out of ink, the cartridges always arrive in good time and are larger than the norm.

I cannot remember how many pages I get but if getting near the limit I get a message to let me know and at a reasonable cost.

I used to always buy Canon printers as their reviews were excellent but I always seemed to have issues of various sorts, the HP has been excellent.

Maybe it’s an Apple thing?

Robin

The paper isn't so cheap any more either.

Our nearest Staples shop has become Office Outlet who want £5 for a ream of A4. I don't need quility as never send letters but need to print stuff out for my own benefit.

I can remember 3 for a £5, even the stationary guy in the village is cheaper than that.

Edited to remove derogatory comments about the village guy.
Was he the only 'one' in the village ? :rolleyes:

I ended up buying a mid range HP all in one for £90 or so from JL. Couple of cartridges took it up to £120 or thereabouts. Guy in shop, who for once seemed knowledgeable, said installed cartridges were good for 6 pages or so which many of you mentioned here. He also said that HPs pricing was all over the place and folks were automatically buying the more expensive printers without comparing the models themselves.

There was something very therapeutic about not buying online. Seeing the crap quality £25 thingies face to face really highlighted that now and again nothing beats getting off your backside and taking a look for yourself.

If you buy an HP printer now, you can enrolling with the Instant Ink scheme, which allows you to print a certain amount of pages per month for a pre agreed price. I you print less than 15 pages per month - like I do this, service is free and HP send you replacement genuine new cartridges for free. If you go over your allowance it costs £1 for every 10 pages you print.
This works fantastically for me, and they send me my new cartridges automatically when they are getting low, so I never run out of ink, and don't have the expense / bother of buying new carts.
What stops you buying another printer and using it offline with the cartridges that HP send you free?

What stops you buying another printer and using it offline with the cartridges that HP send you free?
If you use it offline, HP will not be able to monitor how much ink you have used, so would not know that you require replacement cartridges.

If you buy an HP printer now, you can enrolling with the Instant Ink scheme, which allows you to print a certain amount of pages per month for a pre agreed price. I you print less than 15 pages per month - like I do this, service is free and HP send you replacement genuine new cartridges for free. If you go over your allowance it costs £1 for every 10 pages you print.
This works fantastically for me, and they send me my new cartridges automatically when they are getting low, so I never run out of ink, and don't have the expense / bother of buying new carts.
This sounds like a very convenient arrangement, though at £1 per 10 pages, this solution will make sense mainly for consumers printing a low number of pages per month.

Reactions: CJD
This sounds like a very convenient arrangement, though at £1 per 10 pages, this solution will make sense mainly for consumers printing a low number of pages per month.
It works perfectly for me, as I normally print less than 15 pages per month, so my replacements are completely free of charge.
On occasion like this last week my son has been home, and he had to print off some travel documents etc. and I went over the limit so it cost me £1 to print the additional, but I can live with that.

After having 2 HP printers (why did I not learn?), I went to a cartridge replacement place and asked the guy what would he recommend. He said a Brother , that their cartridges had more ink than other makes. So I duly bought a Brother and am extremely pleased with it. The ink lasts for a long time. HP installed a programme on my pc which I have never been able to remove!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom