• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

1988 w126 560 sec

MPG

Looks reasonably tidy, just a shame it doesn't have leather.

It's up for sale near Plymouth. Link here.

Looks reasonably tidy, just a shame it doesn't have leather.

I always had to have leather in my cars but more recently I've been taken with half leather and even full cloth ('d like my next car to have alcantara/leather).

It wears better, doesn't get hot/cold during the summer/winter and you don't find yourself adjusting your position every 10 minutes coz you;ve slipped down the seat.

Of course you can always throw £1000ish at the car and get it re-trimmed.

A few minutes down the road from me....i like the SEC...

I always had to have leather in my cars but more recently I've been taken with half leather and even full cloth ('d like my next car to have alcantara/leather).

It wears better, doesn't get hot/cold during the summer/winter and you don't find yourself adjusting your position every 10 minutes coz you;ve slipped down the seat.

Of course you can always throw £1000ish at the car and get it re-trimmed.

I do agree that suede/alcantara hold you in place better, I just think leather suits the look of the SEC interior. I've got the nappa leather in my W126 & it's stood the test of time remarkably well. I've seen leather in 5 year old cars that looks far worse. Incidentally, the one time head of Rolls Royce (who liked to drive himself) insisted that his Rolls had a suede drivers seat as leather eventually flattens the nap of your suit & makes it go shiny !

I do agree that suede/alcantara hold you in place better..

Incidentally, the one time head of Rolls Royce (who liked to drive himself) insisted that his Rolls had a suede drivers seat as leather eventually flattens the nap of your suit & makes it go shiny !

Didn't he have a chaffeur....:D:D

Seriously though, I had Alcantara in my previous M Class, and I must say I did like it.

I've got the nappa leather in my W126 & it's stood the test of time remarkably well.

Can someone please explain to me what 'nappa' leather is?

Its a term I keep hearing....

How can you tell it apart?
What are its hallmarks?
Was there more than one type of leather available for the W126 then? Or are they all nappa?

I know Bentleys & the like have connolly leather, which is of a higher quality...But what is nappa?

How can i tell if my W124 has nappa?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom