• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

1995 SL60 parts wanted

justinjoyit

Car
sl60
Howdy folks

Looking for some parts 1995 R129 SL60

1: A broken HT Coil to dizzy lead ( has 2 dizzys and 2 coils). It has had a brand new set less than a year ago at a cost of £400 and already this lead is toast- broken at the coil end. I really don't want to have to buy a whole new set but can't seem to get anything but that! Any one got one by chance or know of a contact??

2. Drivers seat base is very worn out- it's in blue but it seems it's in a non standard R129 blue ... a few shades lighter.

3. Soft top is toast- I would prefer to get a good second hand complete top with frame rather than have it redone. Prefer black, grey or dark blue.

4. Electric aerial is broken.

5. Key fob is broken.

Advice is sought and most welcomed.

Last edited:
1. Mercedes should be able to make you up an individual cable from parts - certainly that's what MB Newbury were quoting.

2. Is it the leather or the underlying material that's worn? Your best bet in the long run is probably getting it retrimmed.

3. I'm curious to why? *If* you can find one, the hood and frame will need to be separated anyway to fit it, and the hood will already be pre-stretched to the previous installation. It will never fit quite right. There are several sources out there for a replacement hood to OE spec.

4. Just the antenna, or the motor?

5. If it's just the casing, find another key to swap the parts into. Otherwise new key from Mercedes is about the only option.

1. Mercedes should be able to make you up an individual cable from parts - certainly that's what MB Newbury were quoting.

2. Is it the leather or the underlying material that's worn? Your best bet in the long run is probably getting it retrimmed.

3. I'm curious to why? *If* you can find one, the hood and frame will need to be separated anyway to fit it, and the hood will already be pre-stretched to the previous installation. It will never fit quite right. There are several sources out there for a replacement hood to OE spec.

4. Just the antenna, or the motor?

5. If it's just the casing, find another key to swap the parts into. Otherwise new key from Mercedes is about the only option.
Thanks for the reply.

I didn't know that if I bought a frame and top attached it would need total refitting- I'm just trying to save on the 1k for a new one fitted. Also I need the cable that runs along the lower back of the convertible frame.

Looking for complete aerial.

The seat has a split in the seam- it is blue and I did get a second hand one that apparently is blue.. but it's so dark compared to mine it looks almost black... perhaps mines only AMG SL60 blue??

Also you say MB will make me up a new dizzy cable? Everyone seems to just want to sell a complete kit- I'll call MB here in Ayrshire (Scotland) and see what they say.

Last edited:
D class can do both seat and roof.

They are highly recommended but quality doesn't come cheap.

The HT leads do come as singles if needed.

If your HT leads have gone in less than a year then take them back to Mercedes as they will be under warranty.

If your HT leads have gone in less than a year then take them back to Mercedes as they will be under warranty.

Why would this happen?

I had all of mine replaced when I bought mine, must be seven years ago now, they're all still fine.

Why would this happen?

I had all of mine replaced when I bought mine, must be seven years ago now, they're all still fine.

It looks like they had two Coil to Dizzy leads the same length (both coils are on the same side so one lead should be shorter than the other) so the 'long' one from the nearside bank was too long and this caused flopping/chafing at the terminal of the lead - basically it worked the wire till it broke from the coil end.

It looks like they had two Coil to Dizzy leads the same length (both coils are on the same side so one lead should be shorter than the other) so the 'long' one from the nearside bank was too long and this caused flopping/chafing at the terminal of the lead - basically it worked the wire till it broke from the coil end.

Sounds like a bodge job....I had a few of them on my G :mad:

Sounds like a bodge job....I had a few of them on my G :mad:

Yup , discovered the coil cover was not secured and then they had a cable tie to try to hold the slack.... charged £440 for the lead set too.

What colour combo is your SL60?

Black & silver

Attachments

• 60 1-1.jpg
    60 1-1.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 11
is your sl60 azurite blue with blue leather? if so I think it was a merc uk demo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom