19s yes or no

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wouldn't go for 19's.

Personally I would avoid going any bigger than the biggest wheel offered by the manufacturer.

My car came with 19's and runflats , terrible ride on delivery, dropped the pressure by 3-4 psi and much better, put Goodyear non runflats on the front and the ride is fine. I run18's ( non runflat )over the winter and spring and they do give a very comfortable ride although not massively better than the 19's.

No No No. It will ruin the ride . I changed my wifes sl r230 just from 17s to 18s and have regretted it every day since, even with the quietest tyres i coul find ( Goodyear F1 as3s)

My car came with 19's and runflats , terrible ride on delivery, dropped the pressure by 3-4 psi and much better, put Goodyear non runflats on the front and the ride is fine. I run18's ( non runflat )over the winter and spring and they do give a very comfortable ride although not massively better than the 19's.
Exactly (almost), I run 19" runflats and dropped the pressures after my tyres were only wearing in the centres, then replaced with Goodyears runflats and the ride is much improved. Also run 18" runflats in winter and there is no difference to running the 19's.

I've had 2 tyres burst on my 19's . Going into not very deep pot holes. The side walls were splitting. £100 tyres 2 weekends in succession. Stay on the safe bet size of 18 if i were you. Not much wall on a 19.
The usual issue with those wheels is that they crack, I suspect the burst tyres on yours are down to the individual brand of tyre 👍 I’ve heard/seen plenty of those 19s crack on the inner edge but never a burst tyre.

The usual issue with those wheels is that they crack, I suspect the burst tyres on yours are down to the individual brand of tyre 👍 I’ve heard/seen plenty of those 19s crack on the inner edge but never a burst tyre.
They were cheap shyte. But I've heard forum users with 200 £ a corner top branded tyrez suffering the same fate.

Could always run 20,S on the rear and 19’s on the front 🤔 and there’s a set in the classified ads too......bonus! 😂

Well I love my 19's, i think it really sets the car off perfectly. Regards the ride its much better than the wifes B200 on 18 inch runflats, so very acceptable.
merc cab.jpg

Attachments

• wheel.jpg
    wheel.jpg
    945.7 KB · Views: 5
Stunning wheels for sure , any idea who makes them ?

But as above and a cosmetic finish to match .

Well I love my 19's, i think it really sets the car off perfectly. Regards the ride its much better than the wifes B200 on 18 inch runflats, so very acceptable.
My W205 on 19" runflats rides a lot better then my SLC300 on 18" normal tyres. There's a lot of prejudice against runflats from when they first came out. They are not as bad as folk make out!

I was hesitant going from a nice smooth ride on 18" to 19" for fear of what might be, but I honestly cannot tell the difference on the road even over 90% of bumps and holes, only if you hit a really big pot hole you can feel the extra rim size but I avoid these like the plague anyway, more pics in my thread in the Gallary Sub

VPGzVQt.jpg

I was hesitant going from a nice smooth ride on 18" to 19" for fear of what might be, but I honestly cannot tell the difference on the road even over 90% of bumps and holes, only if you hit a really big pot hole you can feel the extra rim size but I avoid these like the plague anyway, more pics in my thread in the Gallary Sub

VPGzVQt.jpg
Very, very nice motor!!
:cool: :)👍

Form rarely matches function...

I hit lucky with the E500 S211 Elegance (with Airmatic), then. GLC 18" wheels fit perfectly, look miles better than the OE 17" Yilduz wheels (see this thread if you can be bothered)

S211 - Changed the Wheels - Better? | Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension

and the ride in Comfort is still excellent. The tyre size is 245/40/18, and the GLC wheels are a good deal chunkier than the OE 211 ones, so should be much less likely to suffer damage on Britain's ruined roads.

I've run 19" wheels on a 2004 E55K and it didn't ride any different to the standard 18" wheels (i.e. it was good) but that was on AirMATIC.

I have 19" wheels on my S500 but they are nearly the smallest option, with a bigger profile and with Magic Body Control it rides like it's on glass.

I've read before that manufacturers optimise ride for the likely wheels a car will wear and the problem with a 2008 C Class is it wouldn't get 19s so I imagine it will ride like shyte.

You could try it and see as at the end of the day, it's what you are happy with that counts.

I also agree that small brakes with big wheels look shyte too. I was lucky the AMG had 8 pot calipers at the front and they looked meaty through the 19s 5 spoke AMG III wheels I had.

My 19s are fine on most roads, but very harsh on the smallest pothole so they are best avoided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom