• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

2001, C220 CDI Transmission/Engine Problems

johngun1

Hi,
I've recently noticed that without warning the above car will not accellerate through the gears properly. At a standstill in neutral the engine won't rev above 3000RPM and when I start off it appears to go up the gears very quickly so that the engine struggles and it takes about 1 minute to get to 60Mph.
This happens at any time regardless of temperature or road conditions, one minute its fine, the next just won't go. In addition I have noticed that in this condition the kick-down won't work.

It was serviced 2 weeks ago but because I haven't been using it much I can't honestly say that it was ok before the service.

Anyone had the same problem or shed some light on what it may be??

Cheers

John

Thanks for the quick response jaymanek.

Please excuse my ignorance but what is a MAS/MAF what does it do and where is it located on the car?

Cheers

John

Hi jaymanek,

A hole in one!!

Got new MAS from Bosch dealer £55.00 and fitted it, now the car's as good as new.

Thanks for the help.

As an added bonus, my wife has been complaining about lack of power in her Passat 110 TDI so I got a MAS for that as well and "heh presto" its fixed.

Double thank yous.

Cheers

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom