• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

2008 S204 C220Cdi, Offside Wing Mirror Problem

Chrishazle

MB Enthusiast
Car
2008 S204 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 facelift SLK280 Auto.
Had a coming together Saturday with BMW, offside wing mirror to wing mirror, glass on mine smashed - and I'm 120 miles from home staying with family! Daughter found a supposed heated replacement on Amazon for next day (Easter Sunday!) delivery. Found a couple of problems when it arrived. First, it has the 2 connections which make the adjustment and repeater indicator to work, but no connection for the heater 2. Behind the mirror it clips to a screwed-in piece that was also cracked, so SIL super-glued the cracks. 3. the mirror actually clips to a plactic ring that I suspect is not a replaceable part (we could not remove it) but is instead part of the motor assembly. Anyway, we managed to get it all together (held with gaffer tape!) so I could safely do the 120 mile mainly motorway journey home today, but obviously needs a proper fix - a proper new glass with the white connector for the heater, the screw-on bit that SIL glued and the "loose" ring that is part of the screw-on bit and that I suspect is part of the motor assembly.

I have looked at parts diagrams and cannot figure this, so wonder if the collective has someone knowledgeable who can advise. My suspicion is a visit to an MB main dealer (or email to MB Newcastle) and that my wallet will scream.

I'm also waiting to see if the young female black NHS worker in the BMW whose drivers side wing mirror was also damaged - rather more than mine - gets her insurance co to come after me, as she did not react well to "road narrowed, I was in my lane at below the speed limit, shit happens" view!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom