• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

2014-16 W213 E63 saloons - folding seats? Distronic?

I think Mactech's is an A8 diesel? But, yeah, sounds good.

S's do look wide. By far the coolest-looking Tesla in my eyes though. And the fact that you can get them on air is a massive bonus to me. I sometimes get in an Uber Tesla (usually a 3) and after 200yds I'm like "**** me the ride is appalling". Reminds of "sporty" Audis in the 00's. The ride was ****ing awful.
Yes, my A8 was a diesel and of the next generation to the 65 plate one in Auto Trader. It still is the current generation and quite a big leap forward in all respects.
From A8 via Macan to a V8, which I pick up on Tuesday.....

Yeah, they create a pretty big space.

I had them on my W202 C43. Can't remember if they were an option or not. And on my previous 2 x 200SX's. Part of the Touring Pack in them IIRC.

In fact just about every car I've had has had folding seats; two hatchbacks, two coupes, one saloon and two estates. And various Cavalier-type company cars in between. The on'y cars I've had without them were a couple of Minis and a Sud Sprint.
Loved my Alfasud Sprint Veloce, had it for about 4 years then it started to dissolve.☹️

Traded it in for an Alfa 75 twin spark, which was lovely but quirky.

Loved my Alfasud Sprint Veloce, had it for about 4 years then it started to dissolve.☹️

Traded it in for an Alfa 75 twin spark, which was lovely but quirky.

I had a Sprint, my mate had a Sprint Veloce. We had a lot of fun in them. I also had a Sud and a 33, he had a Sprint 1.3. His sister had a Sud and a 33. His old man had an Alfetta GT 1.8 and a Gulia 1.8. Lots of mates had other Alfas from an early Sud Ti to the last 105s plus a GTV 2.0 and a GTV6 and several other 33s.

Yes, my A8 was a diesel and of the next generation to the 65 plate one in Auto Trader. It still is the current generation and quite a big leap forward in all respects.
From A8 via Macan to a V8, which I pick up on Tuesday.....
If you don't mind me asking, how was the Macan S experience..??
I quite fancy the Macan turbo Performance but i've never even driven an SUV let alone owned one...

I just picked up a 2010 e63 with folding seats finally after owning a 2015 e63s for 3 years without them. I predict one thing that the w212 platform will be notorious for is serious brake line and rear subframe corrosion requiring replacement. It seems like Mercedes are generally sympathetic to the subframe but not necessarily the brake lines.
I assume the facelifts are also susceptible to this so worth thinking about

There's some good Jaguar XFRs for 10 to 11k without huge mileage and are probably worth looking at and with 500 hp and folding seats they're quite a bargain

Alternatively there's a few great CLS 55s on the market but no idea about the ability of the rear seats to fold

I just picked up a 2010 e63 with folding seats finally after owning a 2015 e63s for 3 years without them. I predict one thing that the w212 platform will be notorious for is serious brake line and rear subframe corrosion requiring replacement. It seems like Mercedes are generally sympathetic to the subframe but not necessarily the brake lines.
I assume the facelifts are also susceptible to this so worth thinking about

There's some good Jaguar XFRs for 10 to 11k without huge mileage and are probably worth looking at and with 500 hp and folding seats they're quite a bargain

Alternatively there's a few great CLS 55s on the market but no idea about the ability of the rear seats to fold

MB will do the subframes up to 20 yo but you're on your own with bolts and brakelines.

Meanwhile, looking at something more closely aligned performance-wise to my E500, I suppose the S6 is a contender. Although I thing this generation have chains at the back the engine (WTF?). And I always expect Audis to have an appalling ride (not Mactechs of course, just the lower end ones).

E500 seems a beast of a car. Not sure about how robust the engine is as I'm not familiar with it but overall it seems quite an impressive package on paper and with the right options , quite a special car

Touchwood you brought a good'en and you've checked the MOT history for any advisories. Now that you've got the beast home, worth considering spraying the undercarriage with Lanoguard. I have been using the stuff on my cars and I know protects against corrosion.

I did a test last October'23 and took some photos. Below is a thread I started, haven't forgotten and will update any thoughts in Oct'24 🙂

E500 seems a beast of a car. Not sure about how robust the engine is as I'm not familiar with it but overall it seems quite an impressive package on paper and with the right options , quite a special car

I really like it. It's got knocking on for 400bhp and 400lb/ft and just goes about things effortlessly really. Quite hard to find a replacement. I don't get on with the interiors of the E43 and E53 and, apparently, the ride's a lot harder. I will never know as I just couldn't ever own a car with red seatbelts :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom