2014 Viano

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
2014 Viano

Development on the third generation Mercedes-Benz Viano has begun as spy photographers have caught first pictures of a chassis test mule for the first time.

The Mercedes-Benz Viano was introdcued in 2004 as a passenger version of the Vito commercial panel van and went on to receive a facelift in 2010 with revised bumpers and lights.

Spies inform us that different prototypes have suddenly been spotted around Europe, and all of them have this modified bonnet which is raised and has a bigger grill. We've seen this kind of technique used on other prototypes before, as the extra space is need for test equipment situated on the engine. Spies also report the wheelbase has also slightly changed.

We expect all of the luxury people carrier creature comforts and engines with BlueEFFICIENCY technology to carry over to the new generation and possibly plug-in hybrid and EV versions (ala Vito E-Cell) could go mainstream.

Just a 'Mule' at the moment:
604930083571843315.jpg

7880988102108766295.jpg

883757412072692631.jpg

810854338272078192.jpg

Is that bonnet for real?

Looks like you have had an accident before you have had an accident :)

Is that bonnet for real?
Don't think so
all of them have this modified bonnet which is raised and has a bigger grill. We've seen this kind of technique used on other prototypes before, as the extra space is need for test equipment situated on the engine

Im pretty sure I saw a few of these in France just last month. The upmarket ski chalet next to ours had a fleet of them.. They look the same as the old one but with different front lights.

Im pretty sure I saw a few of these in France just last month. The upmarket ski chalet next to ours had a fleet of them.. They look the same as the old one but with different front lights.

That's just the standard W639 facelift model ... been out for about a year now.

That's just the standard W639 facelift model ... been out for about a year now.
+1. That looks like the one with new face lift lights and the rest of the body is the same. Bonnet will be only down to "testing equipment" so I doubt its anything new. :dk:

Those appear to be pictures of the Vito not the Viano. Side repeaters are on the front wings where they are integral to the mirrors on the Viano. That, the steel wheels and non colour coded door handles are all Vito.
Other than that and the hideous bonnet it doesn't look any different to my facelift Viano. Certainly the same lights and body panels.

Your all getting your wires crossed, this is a test mule using the existing model, they are testing running gear, engine etc before the new chassis etc has been designed

Isn't the new Vito going to be based on the 2014 GM/Renault Trafic?

whatever happens it has got to be better looking than the current ugly vito/viano

Mercedes can make anything rust.

Expect the MB version to be just as dire as the present Vito.

Broken record. Look at all the Vitos and VIANOS (same vehicle) on the streets every day, and what proportion have any rust at all. I have never personally seen a post 2004 (i.e. galavanised) one with rust.

Broken record. Look at all the Vitos and VIANOS (same vehicle) on the streets every day, and what proportion have any rust at all. I have never personally seen a post 2004 (i.e. galavanised) one with rust.

The late ones are better, having said that I passed a rusty 56 plate one - really rusty too, so the galvanising seems a bit hit and miss;)

BTB 500 said:

Hate to say but I now look at MB vans on the street and even new 2006 ones have rusty door bottoms. Either Mercedes van owners are clumsy or there is a problem

So do you see Vianos with the same problem? They are the same vehicle as the Vito.

Vans are often cheaply repaired when damaged, common to see surface rust due to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom