• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

2016 C class W205 Panoramic Roof

Gingerwizard1

Car
C250D W205
Hey all.

I’m new to the forum so apologies in advanced if this has been asked or answered before.

Basically, my panoramic roof rail guide snapped and I took it to Mercedes and they said it would need a whole new rail and to be safe they would replace both sides and a couple of other bits. I got quoted circa £650 in parts and 5 hours labour at £180 ph. Unfortunately it’s a little bit out of my budget at the moment.

I’ve been looking online for parts myself to see if I can save a few pennies. I spotted a whole roof replacement only, however, the seller doesn’t seem to think it will fit.

My question is, will a w205 220D 2016 C class saloon roof be the same as a W205 250D 2016 saloon, I spoke to another dealer and I asked them this and they said “it should do”. My understanding is that it’s just a different spec’d engine.

I didn’t want to dump £400 into replacement parts, finding out I was wrong.

A little guidance would be wonderful!

Thank you 😊

I'm pretty sure the roof will be the same on all C class models of the same mark.

Hey all.

I’m new to the forum so apologies in advanced if this has been asked or answered before.

Basically, my panoramic roof rail guide snapped and I took it to Mercedes and they said it would need a whole new rail and to be safe they would replace both sides and a couple of other bits. I got quoted circa £650 in parts and 5 hours labour at £180 ph. Unfortunately it’s a little bit out of my budget at the moment.

I’ve been looking online for parts myself to see if I can save a few pennies. I spotted a whole roof replacement only, however, the seller doesn’t seem to think it will fit.

My question is, will a w205 220D 2016 C class saloon roof be the same as a W205 250D 2016 saloon, I spoke to another dealer and I asked them this and they said “it should do”. My understanding is that it’s just a different spec’d engine.

I didn’t want to dump £400 into replacement parts, finding out I was wrong.

A little guidance would be wonderful!

Thank you 😊
Check the part number for both cars.

The link above didn't work for me, however, providing both are 4-door saloons, ie one isn't a 2-door, then I'd be very surprised if they weren't the same. As I don't know the part numbers and not having done it myself, I can't say 100% that it will fit, but I can't think of any reason why they would differ. Body parts, lights etc. etc. are the same.

I know both are quoted as W205 but people (ie the sellers) sometimes get the codes wrong, ie calling a C205 a W205 etc., hence it's worth double checking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom