• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

3 in a row

ecain63

Car
'62 C63 PPP Saloon. Red. V5 Map. Remus exhaust. 181mph at Vmax stealth
Evening all. Following the purchase of my 3rd AMG I thought I'd say hi and happy new year. I first got into an AMG in Jan 2013 following a few years in an RS6 (C5) and an M5 Touring (E61). My first Merc was a 2010 (60) C63 Saloon P31. I bought it with only 10k miles on the clock which was quite remarkable given it was 2 1/2 years old. It had every option ticked bar the AMG LSD. I fitted a Quaife, some carbon and the obligatory Eurocharged V4 map. Here she is: I saw the car again this August at MSL having a decat done following a move to a new owner (2 after me).

In July 2014 I got the itch to change cars after some health issues were put to bed. In came the new A45 AMG with all the trimmings. Being a little older and a little more flush I got stuck into the mods and before long I'd had it at Stage 2 and wrapped in green. 3.3s to 60, 8.1 to 100, 168mph at Hypermax and an 11.8s 1/4 mile, this car was a little rocket. It did everything brilliantly. But....... it lacked the big V8!

18 fun months later and I was feeling the need for big capacity again. So here I am today, back in a 2012 (62) C63 P31. And it's red! Every option ticked bar the reversing camera (made sure I got the LSD this time)! Only 20k on the clock too.

Next step is to map it. Then I'll need pushing into the supercharger route. Who wants to do the levering??

Eddie

Love the new C63 Eddie.
Did I see your green A45 at MSL in Aug by any chance? There were a few doing launches down Acid Avenue and one had a green wrap:D
Can't beat a V8 though:thumb:

Love the new C63 Eddie.
Did I see your green A45 at MSL in Aug by any chance? There were a few doing launches down Acid Avenue and one had a green wrap:D

Yup, that was me. Attended the A45 dyno day.

Love the new C63 Eddie.

Ya can. A V10 or V12.:rock:

Lovely C63. Red is awesome.

Excellent - A45 is great but you can't beat the v8 - look forward to reading what you do to this one.

You like your red cars don't you. :D

Saw your thread over on PH, was wondering if you'd post here. I'm glad you did as your cars are usually stunning, though I must admit the green didn't do a lot for me on the A45. (I was the one with the grey German Taxi who was chatting to you at MSL)

Next step is to map it. Then I'll need pushing into the supercharger route. Who wants to do the levering??

Eddie

Oh there'll be lots of people here who could give you a nudge in the right direction. :devil:

Followed your builds on t'other site. Good job :thumb:

Love it when petrolheads have the courage to follow their hearts rather than grow up and become "Mr Sensible"......(I am looking in the mirror).

You need to keep posting on here as most of the "63" owners on this site are an absolutely delight and passionate about their P&J.

I'll stick around for sure. This car will hopefully be a keeper (he says) so I'm not going anywhere. You all sound decent so far. So long as its better than the crèche aclassclub then I'll be happy

Red suits a lot of mercs.

Me dads got a R170 SLk230 in red and its lovely. Stands out way more than boring silver.

Red suits a lot of mercs.

Me dads got a R170 SLk230 in red and its lovely. Stands out way more than boring silver.

The one thing with your "boring" silver is that it suits a lot of Mercs too, including E55's:devil: Whereas red suits the 204/205/170/169 it doesn't suit the larger models.

As it's been a while since i've been competent in C63 ownership I have a few simple Q's:

What tyres are people opting for these days and what profiles?
What pressures to go with these and OEM?

On top of the ecu map and tcu map, is there any benefit in fitting upgrade filters? When I had mine people were finding stock filters best. If so, what brand?

Oh, and my Ipod: It was compatible with my 60 plate C63 and 14 plate A45, but on fitting it with the Merc cable to this 62 plate the Ipod is not recognised. Any clues?

Eddie

Couple of pics for those who might like:

Hi ya mate shall we chat on here or Pistonheads lol

Barry

The one thing with your "boring" silver is that it suits a lot of Mercs too, including E55's:devil: Whereas red suits the 204/205/170/169 it doesn't suit the larger models.

I much prefer the E55 in black, but yeah I know what ya saying.

And nice pics. I have the same child seat, heh.

Lovely...all thes pics make me miss my old 507 :(

If I could have picked up a 507 for sensible money I would have. That's a future classic imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom