• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

300CE - Alarm Meta Systems

300CE24V

Car
300 CE 24 Auto, 1991
Hi Guys, can anyone help with a Meta System car alarm installed in my W124 CE.

the Key Fob for the alarm is broken, so i can't de-activate it. is there any way off turing the system off so i can drive it to get the thing repaired?

the car starts OK but the alarm starts to sound after about 10 seconds of silence!

if the alarm is a horn located in the engine compartment why not disconnect the wire from it (or even cut it and connect again later when key is fixed).

i have been advised by the manufactuer that cutting the wire will short the alarm. meaning i will have to replace the whole unit. its ok now though, i managed to put the remote control back together, abit of soldering and managed to turn the alarm off so i can now drive it to get the new key code synced with the system, without the Siren blasting away!

That's too far (i'm London base), from what the Guys (Gurdian Secuirty , Dagenham) over the phone have told me that i need to send the ACU to them so they can sync it with the new Key Fob. (due to the age of the alarm).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom