• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

300e auto box settings....

richard300

Car
CLK230Kompressor (factory AMG sport pack) & Jaguar XJ8 (X308)
Hi, recently bought a 300e (hopefully picking it up today) its a 1990 and has the automatic gearbox, it has the Sport and Economy switch, my question is..... driving the car round town, would i noticably see better fuel consumption from keeping the box in Economy?

Not much in driving the car lightly, in either mode you can kick down at the start to get a 1st gear start, in the sports mode if you kick down from the start it will take off like a rocket, fantastic cars for that

It does not have a "Sport" mode. S stands for standard while E stands for economy. But other than that same as (Malcolm) Television

richard300

That's a gorgeous looking 300E. I hope it's a s good as the picture suggests. Nice colour Almondine.

To resurrect this one.... I have a few questions
Can someone clarify the S/E switch?

1.When I can see the 'S' logo I assume its in 'S' mode? yeah?
2.And in 'E' mode is it just driving in lower gear?
3.is either setting better for driving in snowy/wintery conditions?
cheers

As I understand it 'E' just means you move off in second rather than first, no other difference...wait up, found this from the handbook

cheers

Last edited:
Brilliant, I stupidly didn't think to check the manual, I must have read it before because the info sounds very familiar. cheers for that one.

In economy mode it changes gear at 3000rpm and won't let you rev beyond that, unless you hit the kickdown button. It won't change down either unless you hit the kickdown button.

So, if you see the S - that means you are in "Sport/Standard" mode?

^Ops didn't see the attached image

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom