300E twin turbo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
nice looking car, could it be a money pit?

Last edited:
No sure about the "rings need replacing" bit - could easily turn be a full re-bore. I wonder how bad/smokey it actually is.

Is this not a members car ?

:DYou guy's could give columbo a run for his money.............

Looks like a lovely car.

Piston rings - if the TT was done by Turbo Technics / Mossleman etc, then was compression ratio changed ? In which case piston rings might not be the stock item and as a result difficult to source / expensive ?

t

Good point...........

Bottom end is all standard on the Mosselman conversions. Probably easier to swap the engine for a scrappie one than do a full rebuild.

Nice looking car...

Odd there wasnt a pic of the engine, as its the centre peice of this car.

I paricularly like the Sportline Manual gearknob with the gearshift pattern inscribed on it.....

Even rarer than this one is the W124 Manual Sportline gearknob, which looks like this, but has the dogleg pattern inscribed on it instead... As I understand some W124 300E's came with the dogleg gearbox.

I would love to put one of those in my Cossie to go with 190E Sportline Steering I have put in.

Yes,it should have the dogleg gearbox.

Nice looking car...

Odd there wasnt a pic of the engine, as its the centre peice of this car.

I paricularly like the Sportline Manual gearknob with the gearshift pattern inscribed on it.....

Even rarer than this one is the W124 Manual Sportline gearknob, which looks like this, but has the dogleg pattern inscribed on it instead... As I understand some W124 300E's came with the dogleg gearbox.

I would love to put one of those in my Cossie to go with 190E Sportline Steering I have put in.

What's the fasination with the dogleg gearbox? aint it just upside down selection?

Dog-leg is supreme fun....it's more an extra gear than upside-down in my experience.....the dog-leg 1st was meant for pit-lane usage when the Cossie's were in DTM....

But all these Dog legs pull away nicely in 2nd....it's just the traffic light GPs that merit the dog !

talbir

What's the fasination with the dogleg gearbox? aint it just upside down selection?

It's a useful shift pattern for a performance car. 2nd to 3rd is a straight throw, 90+mph available in third and pulls well from low down in second - useful for a car of this type.

The Getrag boxes are also very strong.

Will

Is your car an auto?

What colour is this chariot?

It looks either Nautic or Azurite..

Were these available in 1988 for the W124?... I know azurite was not.

I only say this because the colour just makes the car look alot newer than a 1988 model...

What colour is this chariot?

It looks either Nautic or Azurite..

Were these available in 1988 for the W124?... I know azurite was not.

I only say this because the colour just makes the car look alot newer than a 1988 model...

Erm.. Yes it's nautical blue, thanks i suppose :)

Don`t babe me darling.If you try a car with dogleg box and than try the same car in auto,you`ll see a huge diffrence on gear change.

Don`t babe me darling.If you try a car with dogleg box and than try the same car in auto,you`ll see a huge diffrence on gear change.

Sorry Dee, I thought dogleg was littraly upside down, didn't no it was differant ratio-ly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom