425 Quid for Condenser and Dryer change - About right ??? W209

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well I'm here having the condenser fitted. The car is in pieces and there is alot of swearing going on :) The old condenser and all the bolts are rusted as fook. There are 2 blokes working on it and it's been an hour and half and counting! So imo looks like I've got off lightly with the price all things considered!

Reactions: Ted
Its great when you get you full value for the quote you decided on.

Well as it turns out the plastic connector for the atf cooler which has to be removed to get the old condenser off has disintegrated so I'm not out of the woods yet eeeeek! !!

Well if duct tape won't fix it, i'm sure that a zip tie will. Otherwise it's probably an electrical problem.

It's one of those push fit joiner connectors to the cooler that the fluid actually passes through ! It's all back together and it's being held together with a giant snap pin but I'm going to give it a day or 2 and will have to remove the undertray to see it its leaking. If it is it looks like I will have to change the whole rad as it's unlikely that the connector is available separately.

Sounds like they didn't use the proper de-coupling tool to open the joint. I learned the hard way trying to do one with no tool for it on my Jag finished up having a new pipe made up, I now have a full set of de-couplers at a cost of £3.95

I was watching, they just popped the snap pin off and it just fell away in pieces!!!

Can't fault the place though as they have offered to strip the front off the car again to fit the connector and or the rad f.o.c when it's not in any way their fault

I was watching, they just popped the snap pin off and it just fell away in pieces!!!

Can't fault the place though as they have offered to strip the front off the car again to fit the connector and or the rad f.o.c when it's not in any way their fault

Have they had the bumper off to do it ? Because that can cause all sorts of problems with broken clips and so on, plus getting the bumper to fit right again can be a mare of a job.

That's a good attitude to take. It's a 12 year old car and there's lots of brittle plastic under the hood. Given that they have 2 guys working on what's turning into a difficult job. Trying to lay blame over a disintegrating fastener would be the ultimate in douche-baggery.,

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom