6 months in.....thoughts....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dano17439

Car
C63
Hi folks

Its the 6 month anniversary of our 66 plate C63 ownership, here are my thoughts so far...

In a nutshell its been great! Done about 4,000 miles and averaging 27mpg. Quite a few of these miles have been motorway journeys, hence why the good mpg. But don't worry, the few spirited drives I've had has resulted in single figure mpg

Problems - absolutely none! Had it serviced at the start of the year and it came with a clean bill of health apart from a notification that front pads were getting low.

We replaced the Contis with PS4S all round. Yes a big difference....much more confident in the rear end now. The other day i filled up with petrol, and on accelerating out of the garage onto a 60mph dual carriage way, i had to be brisk, and pulled the most perfect slide. Nothing to big, but just felt the back come out in the most controllable way. It was very satisfying!

Comfort - great...plenty of room in the back, and my 84 year old MIL enjoys going in it. She said she can feel the vibrations though her bum! :)

Noise - We have the performance exhaust......im not going to lie, i find it a little underwhelming. Don't get me wrong, its epic, but for me it definitely needs something extra. Still undecided to go for the ASR module or to have the actual exhaust modified

Power - the first couple of months i thought it doesn't need anymore. However now the weather is better and the roads are dryer im now having second thoughts. Might be something in the pipeline in due course

Attention - i love driving the thing, however my wife has had a few negative experiences when driving by herself, namely other male drivers trying to race or intimidate. I guess males dont like it when they see an attractive women (in my opinion of course haha) driving a better car than them

We came from an A45 and we don't regret it at all. The car is everything we thought and look forward to alot of years of ownership. I guess we are lucky that we have seemed to have picked up a good one, so fingers crossed it continues

Must say this is a great forum as well. Thank to to everybody who contributes!

Pic for attention

AMG.jpg

Dan

Hi folks

Its the 6 month anniversary of our 66 plate C63 ownership, here are my thoughts so far...

In a nutshell its been great! Done about 4,000 miles and averaging 27mpg. Quite a few of these miles have been motorway journeys, hence why the good mpg. But don't worry, the few spirited drives I've had has resulted in single figure mpg

Problems - absolutely none! Had it serviced at the start of the year and it came with a clean bill of health apart from a notification that front pads were getting low.

We replaced the Contis with PS4S all round. Yes a big difference....much more confident in the rear end now. The other day i filled up with petrol, and on accelerating out of the garage onto a 60mph dual carriage way, i had to be brisk, and pulled the most perfect slide. Nothing to big, but just felt the back come out in the most controllable way. It was very satisfying!

Comfort - great...plenty of room in the back, and my 84 year old MIL enjoys going in it. She said she can feel the vibrations though her bum! :)

Noise - We have the performance exhaust......im not going to lie, i find it a little underwhelming. Don't get me wrong, its epic, but for me it definitely needs something extra. Still undecided to go for the ASR module or to have the actual exhaust modified

Power - the first couple of months i thought it doesn't need anymore. However now the weather is better and the roads are dryer im now having second thoughts. Might be something in the pipeline in due course

Attention - i love driving the thing, however my wife has had a few negative experiences when driving by herself, namely other male drivers trying to race or intimidate. I guess males dont like it when they see an attractive women (in my opinion of course haha) driving a better car than them

We came from an A45 and we don't regret it at all. The car is everything we thought and look forward to alot of years of ownership. I guess we are lucky that we have seemed to have picked up a good one, so fingers crossed it continues

Pic for attention

View attachment 111736

Dan
Car looks lovely and it sounds like you’re enjoying too. Surprised to hear about your wife’s experiences but some people are strange.

Enjoy.

Glad you haven't had problems with it and you are enjoying it. So nice to hear. I think we get used to seeing problems on forums where people are coming for help. I really like your car, prefer it to the older ones :)
I had issues with boy racers trying to race me and getting too close when I had an S3 (I got the saloon to try to look less boy racer than the hatch), so changed it to a C43 estate. I don't think the idiots knew what it was as I never got bothered in it at all, ever. Probably just looked like a little old lady in a dog wagon. Had a cupra estate only for a month, bit of a mistake buy before the present one and I was bothered all of the time by idiots. On the way to part ex it, a car full of idiots in an old banger vauxhall was up my rear, pushing and pushing me to go and a young lad in a loud honda at a motorway roundabout in Leeds sat revving at the side of me telling me to race. Just one journey.
There are some right nutjobs on the roads. They always seem to be old bangers worth less than the fuel in them.

I used to have a TVR T350. Yes it has over 300bhp/ton but it's an old car and needs a lot of mechanical sympathy.

When I drive out of my local area, engine still cold you would get M3's wanting to race me and white van drivers egging me on to give it the beans. In all these cases, I had to disappont them and they thought I was such a boring fart. But on a cold engine, I wouldn't even take it over 2000rpm.

Had the engine been warmed up, I still would not have risen to the M3 bait but I would be willing to rev it for the enjoyment of others.

I have to say, when i've been driving I have had nothing but positive comments, at least from strangers at petrol stations etc etc But, I agree, you get a lot of 'boys' giving it the big one, tail gating or trying to bate you into racing. Generally I find it's people in Audi A3's/S3's or Golf R's. I also find people in more normal cars try to out drag or pull out on me on motorways or fast 2 lane A roads, it must be a dominance thing is all I can think of.

Haven't let my wife out on her own in it yet (she's a bit intimidated by it) but when she would drive the A6 she tended to get a lot of people looking at her like she'd just arrived from space - I think people men (especially) don't think women should be driving cars like that/this.

Good job and you got a very nice car!! How is the white colour holding up? You wash it yourself?

I'm now 8 months into owning a C63 '61' plate (W204 facelift). Put in 1,500 miles into it. I only drive it for fun, leisure & pleasure, not for work.

So far I've spent £125 to fix the air-conditioning not blowing cold on the passenger side, £205 on a new PCV valve, £416 on a new Inlet Manifold Gasket & bolts, £500 on upgrading the entertainment screen to a 10.25" Android screen, and £250 on the personalised plate. So £1,500 spent on it since I bought it.

Right now it's running absolutely superb. Only problem is the Parking Brake is a bit sticky to release when cold.

My missus drives it when she has to pick up the kids & their friends. So far she hasn't said that she's faced any negativity from other drivers when driving it.

I'm using the 'Fuelly' app to record my petrol fill ups and I'm averaging 14mpg on Shell V-Power.

On the whole, I'm loving it.

Its actually my wife's car lol as its registered in her name. We have 2 cars, the other one is a nice A1 black edition which we use as a daily for short trips around town., That is my car ha ha

She's had a few comments (as well when she owned the A45) such as "does your husband/dad know you've borrowed his car" or "you drive a mans car" etc. It really annoys her lol. I guess I'm lucky to have a wife who has a bit of interest in cars!

She never engages in all the idiots, whereas i have a tendency to do so sometimes. Her worse experience was a few months along the A1m where she had 2 work vans goad her by overtaking her, then slowing, then flying past and moving into her lane while the other one continued along side. She was close to ringing the police, but her junction came up and she turned off, and the vans carried on. She said she was worried that they would also turn off and follow her. She's pretty thick skinned though and got over it quickly

Thanks for all the nice comments regarding the car . Visually its the right spec we wanted with the wheels and night pack. The bonus was that it also has the carbon 1 & 2 packs. Quite an expensive option thanks to the previous owner! I do wash it myself yes. Don't want no truck wash on this bad boy!

Great car. Are you on AMG Private Lounge? Planning a meet in the Peak District June or July.

Great car. Are you on AMG Private Lounge? Planning a meet in the Peak District June or July.
Im not no, how do i access? Id love a meet up, but being an Essex boy the Peak district maybe a bit to far this time round

I
Hi folks

Pic for attention

View attachment 111736

Dan
ten
Hi folks

Pic for attention

View attachment 111736

Dan
Hello mate, lovely looking motor, I'm coming up to a years ownership, and its still putting a smile on my face, I have put around 4k on it since purchase, service B is in August, but am currently in a service plan. I have just purchased an ASR module, as I agree with you although I have the performance exhaust it still needs that little extra, although I'm still away and haven't fitted it yet. I have also had apple car play retrofitted by commandonline in Surrey, it makes the car feel so much more modern, and totally integrates with OEM equipment.
Summer is just around the corner, so I'm looking forward to plenty of grip from the MPSS 4s

Im not no, how do i access? Id love a meet up, but being an Essex boy the Peak district maybe a bit to far this time round
Go here for the Lounge. To get deep access they want your VIN to prove you really own an AMG.
AMG Private Lounge
Essex is nothing. Last time we had people from Sussex, Somerset, Lancashire and Northumberland. Some stayed up here the night before, others made an early start and enjoyed the drive while plod was still in bed.

Quick question: The data card on my car says that I have, ‘Code 916: Fuel Tank with a capacity of 80 litres’. However this doesn’t seem true. A full tank is 60 litres. Why would my data card say that?

Quick question: The data card on my car says that I have, ‘Code 916: Fuel Tank with a capacity of 80 litres’. However this doesn’t seem true. A full tank is 60 litres. Why would my data card say that?
Do you mean that the most you’ve ever put in is 60 litres? If so, how close to being empty were you?

On an 80 litre tank then reserve could account for say 10 litres and filling up before the warning light comes on could account for another 10 litres. Topping up with 60 litres gets you to 80 litres in total.

A w204 c63 fuel tank is 66L dont believe everything you see on the data card eg mine is p30 and has Burmester upgrade
Which it obviously doesn't and is a p31😃

Do you mean that the most you’ve ever put in is 60 litres? If so, how close to being empty were you?

On an 80 litre tank then reserve could account for say 10 litres and filling up before the warning light comes on could account for another 10 litres. Topping up with 60 litres gets you to 80 litres in total.
I fill up when the petrol light comes on and the car says I’m down to the reserve limits. I put in around 56 or 57 litres and the car is full.

Standard tank size on both the W204 and W205 C63 is 66 litres.
Not sure that an 80L tank was ever available, except maybe on the E class ?

Your also doing well to put 56L in when the light comes on mine comes on just under 1/4 of a tank

Yep, definitely 80 litres on the
Standard tank size on both the W204 and W205 C63 is 66 litres.
Not sure that an 80L tank was ever available, except maybe on the E class ?
Yep, 80L definitely available for the E class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom