97 c180 immob fix

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobbybear

Car
97 c180
My c180 stopped and wont start,the lights ,(red/green)flash in the mirror. I have fitted new batts to fob,tried the card key and the small key that plugs in by the door .The immob is behind the dash (which is out now).I have tried the usual tricks to reset, the fob rattles but the card key does not work either so that rules out keys. I hear prob can be diode in mirror,sounder back up batt etc,but in the meantime would just like to dissable immob,does not look like system spliced in as all conections are plugs. No unit under passenger floor. Advice? is it poss to dismantle sounder?.i can do pcb repairs,so happy to try stuff.

Hi,
You have a factory fitted immobiliser as opposed to a Scorpion alarm/immobiliser fitted by the importer or dealer, the rattling in the key fob is most likely the transponder chip which has to be in close proximity to the transponder ring to work which of course it is when the key fob is in the ignition and the chip is in place in the fob. It is only glued in the fob and if it becomes unattached can cause your issues. Have you tried your spare key as this would prove this.
Not sure what you are calling a "flat" key (as these were what they called the later electronic ignition switch emergency key) but I suspect that possibly its meant to be used as is a valet key, never actually designed to disable the immobiliser.

Hi Andy, thanks for your interest,If I have the factory alarm,is it poss to dissable this?,my car sparks does this all the time but has not seen this type and is foxed!!.I'm going to dissmantle fob to check .The Alarm is piggy backed onto a module behind the speedo and unplugs but all the leads appear to be MB with no visble splicing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom