• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

A/C fault C63 diagnosis help

d0bbsy

Car
2014 c63
Hi Guys

I'm new here and recently bought my 2014 c63.

I noticed a few weeks back that my ac wasn't working, When pressing the ac button it flashed three times. A friend of mine owns a garage and re-gassed the ac, It had very little gas left in the system and now when I press the ac button it stays on but is not blowing any cold air and I cannot hear the clutch clicking on the compressor.

Last night I had a poke around on the ramp and checked the connector going to ac and also checked for fault codes. I have not fault codes in the ecu and I've tried turning the ac on with the Snapon scanner but that doesn't work either.

Is there anything else anyone can recommend I try before going down the route of replacing the ac compressor ? Looks like quite a job to replace the compressor not quite sure where to start.

Hi thanks for your reply's.

I should have taken pictures when I was in the screen but its holding its gas and pressurised.

There was one particular screen that tests each part of the ac and everything was showing that its was ok and no faults found. When testing it from the scanner by clicking start the compressor did not start and but I did get a signal sent but then returned to an off state after a few seconds.

I can pop back down and plug it back in if there's anything you need to know.

Hi Guys

I'm new here and recently bought my 2014 c63.

I noticed a few weeks back that my ac wasn't working, When pressing the ac button it flashed three times. A friend of mine owns a garage and re-gassed the ac, It had very little gas left in the system and now when I press the ac button it stays on but is not blowing any cold air and I cannot hear the clutch clicking on the compressor.

Last night I had a poke around on the ramp and checked the connector going to ac and also checked for fault codes. I have not fault codes in the ecu and I've tried turning the ac on with the Snapon scanner but that doesn't work either.

Is there anything else anyone can recommend I try before going down the route of replacing the ac compressor ? Looks like quite a job to replace the compressor not quite sure where to start.
Hi mate,I am having the same problem as you having just had mine leak checked and regassed last week,was working fine yesterday then suddenly stopped today.strange

Let me know what you find m8, Ive checked all my fuses etc.

From the diagnostic tool I'm sure its the compressor on mine but how you remove it I have no clue, looks a big job though.,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom