A45 amg vs c36 amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The C36 to me will always be a very special car. It always has been and always will be! I remember when they were launched and they were a really big deal, closely followed by the C43 which was also an incredible car in its day. The C36 was such a leap forward from the 201 cossies in terms of power.If mb would have offered a manual tranny in the C36 I have no doubt it would possibly have been one of the finest cars AMG ever produced! I love my old 36 and not for the power! I love her for the raw body kit and the absolutely cracking straight six engine that AMG done wonders with
Everyone knows AMG are masters of V8's, and now apparently 4pots.
But there will only ever be one true 6 cylinder AMG.
The C36

I think the 201, 124, 126 will always be regarded as the best mercedes ever built but prior to that they made some damn impressive cars.
Get in a w116 today and it still feels properly built.

Compare german cars from the 80s side by side...Mb were streets ahead of audi and still noticeably better than BMW

Mercedes were so far ahead of the game and the fact is that now all the other manufacturers are catching up/caught up/overtaken.

I agree but don't dismiss the likes of an Audi 100 or the E34 5 Series & E32 7 Series, bloody good cars one & all.

I personally think the build quality of pre facelift w202's is actually dead good not too far from w201's. Its the post facelift where it all went wrong and gave the w202 a bad rep. I can't ever remember a C36 being broken due to a rusty chassis but we've all seen late C43s being broken/mot failures due to chassis rot.

New to this forum, but thought I better log in and admit to owning the C36 in this article! It was huge fun to make, the A45 is a superb machine, but I prefer my 202 c36 as a more challenging prospect to drive.

Good to hear that there's some enthusiasm for the original AMGs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom