• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

ADBLUE warning -Engine won’t start in …. Miles

E220Downer

SUPPORTER
Car
E220D Estate
Hi All
my W213 has the check engine light on and an addblue warning message engine won’t start in 420 miles ! The tank is at 50%
My Nexpeak NX501 won’t communicate via OBD either!
it worked on my older c class.

Can someone please help with advice on this message and an OBD tool for a 2017 W213?
or
Is there a way to clear this message without an OBD reset tool?

Thanks

Don't ignore the message. The car really will refuse to start after the indicated mileage.

Why not just top up the ad-blue tank?
Short of Mercedes Star, the ICarsoft MB V2.0 is the one mostly recommended for resetting fault codes.

Fill the add blue tank up and see if the message goes ? Otherwise I think it’s an MB or Mobilio visit

Don't ignore the message. The car really will refuse to start after the indicated mileage.

Why not just top up the ad-blue tank?
Short of Mercedes Star, the ICarsoft MB V2.0 is the one mostly recommended for resetting fault codes.
The tank was just under half when the message came on. I’ve topped it up to 70% and still get the message

As above, you need to visit the dealer to fix unless you have a decent indy nearby.

Haven’t read anything on this where topping up solves the issue, that doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened. What year and mileage is the car op.

Ahhhh another adblue issue. Lets hope it gets resolved or its a new tank.

Thanks. Hope it’s not a tank! Are they a common problem?

The sensors in the tanks are known to fail and cannot be replaced on their own. So a new tank. That said your car is only 4 years old. So hope its not that.

The sensors in the tanks are known to fail and cannot be replaced on their own. So a new tank. That said your car is only 4 years old. So hope its not that.
Thanks. Me too though it’s 130K so might me be I guess.
Any idea what a replacement will cost if it’s that?

Does the warning say check adblue or top up adblue? Ours said check adblue and the car needed two Nox sensors, not an adblue tank. Bizarrely even when the warning and countdown was on the stop - start seemed to work more than usual.

Does the warning say check adblue or top up adblue? Ours said check adblue and the car needed two Nox sensors, not an adblue tank. Bizarrely even when the warning and countdown was on the stop - start seemed to work more than usual.
Hi Martyn
It says check as blue.
The tank is now 90% full and no help.
The message actually went away leaving the check engine light on but it came back on after about 10 mins driving today. The miles remaining reset to 490

I am sure there are a number of reasons the warning is there and only getting someone who knows what they are doing on STAR will get to the bottom of it. It does sound like exactly the same symptoms as mine and that was the Nox sensors, a thousand or so miles after the emissions update which seems to be a bit of a trend. At least you are not in the US, I believe over there you don't get a mileage countdown just a very small number of restarts.

I am sure there are a number of reasons the warning is there and only getting someone who knows what they are doing on STAR will get to the bottom of it. It does sound like exactly the same symptoms as mine and that was the Nox sensors, a thousand or so miles after the emissions update which seems to be a bit of a trend. At least you are not in the US, I believe over there you don't get a mileage countdown just a very small number of restarts.
Thanks again for the reply. I’m not sure if mine has had that update.
l‘ve ordered an iCarsoft so will see if that picks up the cause of the message. Cheers

To be fair, I had my update on recall in November 2019, but have had no issues after the update, have I been lucky, who knows, would they have changed my nox sensors at that time, don’t know.

To be fair, I had my update on recall in November 2019, but have had no issues after the update, have I been lucky, who knows, would they have changed my nox sensors at that time, don’t know.
Thanks.
The message has disappeared several times and then re-appeared.
Check adblu first and then after about a mile, I get the mileage limit message.
Going to book the car in for its AP service and ask the indi to take a look at this at the same time.

So... Turned out the pump needed replacement. However, I've opted for the less expensive alternative of removing the system.
No Nox sensor issue to worry about add blue fill-ups or tank replacements!!
Messages gone... Happy days!

So... Turned out the pump needed replacement. However, I've opted for the less expensive alternative of removing the system.
Will that not be an MOT Fail when the time comes?

Ernie

Which MB Independent did you use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom