• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Adblue

Saff19

Car
C class
Mercedes c class coupe filled adblue up as normal as showing low. Couple days later engine light on and can not start in 400 miles RAC altered this adding miles on for me, engine loght appeared and booked in at dealership however light when off and told me to go to mercedes. If I has the adblue disabled how does that work for MOT and Service? Only a short while that it will return on the car again and knowing theres a full tank in there

Hello and welcome .

A little more detail on the car will help to determine what is going on . Posting The VIN number is the best way forward.

I would recommend sitting down for the news you will receive from here soon regarding AdBlue MB cars , it is rarely good and often very expensive to fix. :(.

I hope that is not the case here.

Hello and welcome .

A little more detail on the car will help to determine what is going on . Posting The VIN number is the best way forward.

I would recommend sitting down for the news you will receive from here soon regarding AdBlue MB cars , it is rarely good and often very expensive to fix. :(.

I hope that is not the case here.
Thank you for this comment. I have read other threads and comments on the same issue 😒 diagnosis shows the DTC: P229F,Nitrogen oxides (NOx) sensor 2 , bank 1 - circuit range/performance.

Welcome aboard I take it the car is not under a warranty,this could get very expensive if using a Mercedes dealership,suggest you use a indy to sort the problem it will still not be a cheap fix.

Welcome aboard I take it the car is not under a warranty,this could get very expensive if using a Mercedes dealership,suggest you use a indy to sort the problem it will still not be a cheap fix.
I have warranty with the dealership i bought it from however they said as the management light is not present they cant solve the issue as its “past”

I have warranty with the dealership i bought it from however they said as the management light is not present they cant solve the issue as its “past”

Welcome.

So there's no message on the dashboard and no EML at present? Which is why you can't claim on the dealer's warranty?

Welcome.

So there's no message on the dashboard and no EML at present? Which is why you can't claim on the dealer's warranty?
Unfortunately it went off the day i took it to the dealership as it had been on for over a week. Gauge currently says 3200 miles left

Unfortunately it went off the day i took it to the dealership as it had been on for over a week. Gauge currently says 3200 miles left
They said if it comes on again to take it back and then ill have to pay for diagnostic at mercedes if they take it to them

The RAC will have made a record of their work and that the engine light was on at the time they attended .
This sounds like the dealership is playing for time so that if/when you go back in a few weeks or months they will say “I’m sorry Sir but you are out of warranty “ .

The RAC will have made a record of their work and that the engine light was on at the time they attended .
This sounds like the dealership is playing for time so that if/when you go back in a few weeks or months they will say “I’m sorry Sir but you are out of warranty “ .
Exactly the issue I think I am having with them and explained this to the manger

Exactly the issue I think I am having with them and explained this to the manger
Maybe try and get some evidence from the RAC and then get it in writing about your conversations with the dealership?
Good luck buddy

Is the error code you quoted not stored? Sounds like a pretty lame excuse

It is stored yes but theyre excuse is because it is past not present and to return when the light is on

The dealer who sold you the vehicle must provide a warranty by law. This is part of your statutory rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. It's not really your problem if the Mercedes dealer will charge them for diagnostic. Just dump the car with the EML at the selling dealer and ask them to let you know once they have fixed the problem (at no cost to you). AdBlue repairs are typically a four-figure sum, you need to make it clear to the supplying dealer that you have no intention of incurring this cost.

Last edited:
A diagnostic cost is in with the warranty ,if it's proven a part covered by the warranty is faulty. You should get out and drive the car , the eml should return pretty quickly if it's buggered. Then get it back to them . I hate reading things like this , dealers are keen to take our money ,but worm out in everyway possible when it's a payout . I'd even resort to disconnecting the nox sensors and make the eml come on.

Your issue is with nox sensors, your ad blue won't be disabled as yet , because your getting a range . The car would of been traded in likely because of this fault and sold on with it .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom