• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Adjusting ATF Levels Correctly

VenomX

Car
C240 2002
Hi guys. W203 C240 here ( 722.6 transmissions )
Just replaced the " Pilot bushing " which plugs into the bottom of the car as it was leaking ( hopefully it was that )

Anyway. I just need some tips on getting the ATF levels correct, I bought an OE equivalent dipstick off Amazon and seems to be good quality and able to get hot/cold readings on it.

Other than having the car as level as I can get it, any other tips ?
Plan is to leave the car overnight, and check the cold level, check the hot level, and then adjust the hot level accordingly.

FYI I do have genuine Mercedes ATF which was surprisingly cheap but only a litre because I just need to top up whatever I lost during the leak which wasn't a great amount as I just checked the levels cold and they are too high
I also have a pela vacuum pump which is great for sucking up liquids through the filler caps. I used it for my engine oil change.

Thanks

As said in post #2.
You check the level with the engine running and the transmission in PARK.

Thanks for the useful info. Car is running nicely, does not seem to be leaking now !

Difficulty is getting the transmission to precisely 80c which I assume is near on impossible as it always fluctuates.
I have however checked consistently after many drives and many cold mornings etc and think the levels are about right now.

I do have an infrared thermometer which I will attempt to use this weekend after a 30 min drive, then when it's about 80c I will check again

Silly mistake I made was checking with the engine off, and I was like how on earth are the levels so high, then realised the engine needs to be running, then I started getting accurate readings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom