Admiral

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wow that is great deal Rob ;)
I thought that. I was wincing when I called for a quote, and needn’t have.

In fact it’s even better than that as it includes a £25 ish charge for making a change by phone (even though it wouldn’t let me do it online or through the app!) so in real terms it’s closer to £90 for the cover itself!

The Smart ForFour with same drivers, mileage, and business cover is almost three times more expensive. I suspect that they mirrored my NCB on the ML63 but not the Smart.

Im with Admiral but not a key worker so not expecting any cash back

I believe Admiral is running 2 deals

- no penalty for claims by key workers
- £25 refund for every policy in effect yesterday

Reactions: Abb
I believe Admiral is running 2 deals

- no penalty for claims by key workers
- £25 refund for every policy in effect yesterday

I think this is the case. What the OP posted and then the £25 refund. I have had the £25 refund per vehicle insured email today and not a key worker. :)

All three of our cars are with them (and the house as they were the cheapest) so it's a nice surprise.

Compare this with my dad's car renewal which has just gone up.....
Adrian Flux have said that if I find a cheaper quote then they will beat it.

Hang on though, they're the broker, that's their job.....and they charge a £35 policy fee!!!
This will be fun.

All three of our cars are with them (and the house as they were the cheapest) so it's a nice surprise.

Compare this with my dad's car renewal which has just gone up.....
Adrian Flux have said that if I find a cheaper quote then they will beat it.

Hang on though, they're the broker, that's their job.....and they charge a £35 policy fee!!!
This will be fun.
I ditched AF a few years ago for this very reason. First year it happened I let them price match as per their price promise, and stayed with them. But when it happened again the next year, my thinking was "Why should I do their job for them?", and moved away, making sure they knew why.

Double discount for my mate who's a locksmith and dresses in a nurses uniform.

Bad news for my other mate who's an electrical engineer.
He's not happy with Adrian Flux but has decided to solder on...

Just received an email from Admiral. Have they really got 4.4m cars insured?

Thank you for staying at home.

People like you are helping to save lives by staying at home. In recognition of this, we’re refunding £110 million to our car and van customers.

With fewer cars on the roads during the UK lockdown, we’re seeing a reduction in the number of claims coming in. We want to give the money we would’ve used to pay these claims back to our loyal customers in this difficult time.

If your car or van is one of the 4.4 million vehicles insured with us on 20 April 2020, you’ll get an automatic £25 refund per vehicle...

3 cars insured with Admiral on Multi Car Policy, one of them being the wife’s Evoque (District Nurse - so key worker) and received neither of these emails mentioned. But hopefully an unexpected £75 coming my way. As it happens, my Merc is SORNed, my son’s Abarth has dropped from 500 miles a week to less than 5 miles in the last 4 weeks. And the wife’s car is doing the same as it was before, guess there’s just less traffic to drive into her

Just a thought but does this mean that for the 1st time in History all our Premiums with our Insurers will be going down next year due to the reduction in claims? Good for Admiral for doing this but why do I get the feeling it will be like the price of fuel, rising like a rocket but dropping like a feather(or so it seems).

Got this today,

We hope this email finds you safe and well.
We wrote to you in April to say that we’re issuing £110m of insurance premium refunds to our motor insurance customers – that’s £25 of insurance premium for every one of the 4.4m cars and vans we insure. We’re giving the refund because there have been fewer cars on the road during the lockdown and our customers are driving less, which we expect to result in fewer insurance claims.​

How you will get your refund
We’re getting in touch now to let you know we’re processing your Stay at Home Refund to Card Number: ****-****-****, Expiry Date: **/**, and it could take up to 14 days to show.
Don’t forget, you’ll be getting £25 of insurance premium for each permanent vehicle covered by us on 20 April 2020.
If the payment fails for any reason, we’ll send you a cheque instead.​
If you want more information about the refund, we’ve answered customers’ questions over on our Stay at Home Refund page admiral.com/stayathome

You don’t need to contact us or do anything at all, your refund should be with you within the next 14 days.
Thank you for being a loyal customer and for doing your bit during the Coronavirus lockdown.
All the best​
Team Admiral

Nice One :)

Got the same email

We have decided to donate the £50 that we will get the The Prince & Princess of Wales Hospice in Glasgow.

They looked after Mrs. LTD’s father in his last week before passing and rely on donations to keep going. Difficult in this climate with everyone seemingly focussing on NHS based charities.

As we all have a moan regarding our car insurance, mainly at renewal time, I thought I may be able to redress the balance slightly.
Yesterday I received an email from my insurers Admiral,

"As you or a named driver on your policy are a key worker, we’ve made several changes to your cover to make life a little easier if you have an accident.

If you have an accident and your vehicle can be repaired, the garage doing the work will give you a courtesy vehicle to get you back on the road as soon as possible after an accident until your vehicle is repaired.

If for some reason a courtesy vehicle isn’t available, we’ll make sure you get a replacement hire car, free of charge.

If your vehicle is a total loss, we’ll provide a replacement vehicle for as long as we’re in lockdown and for 14 days after lockdown ends so you have time to find a new car or van.

And as of 8 April, we won’t apply an excess on any new claims except for windscreen claims. Although you’ll initially pay an excess for a windscreen claim, we’ll refund it within 14 days.

If you’ve made a claim for an accident that’s happened since 23 March and have already paid an excess, we’ll refund this within 14 days. Don’t worry – there’s no need to contact us about this.

Finally, we just want to say thank you for the amazing job you do. "

A nice touch I thought .....

Have found admiral great over tyr years and got £250 back from them as I have ten cars insured on a multi car policy. Top company.

Nice of them - but it would have been better if they refunded a % of the premium rather than a fixed £25 IMO. Seems a bit unfair for someone who pays £2500 a year to receive the same refund as someone who pays £150. :)
Yep. Would have preferred a percentage too but I guess flAt £25 makes It easier for them to manage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom