• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Ageism

We did a free standing double garage for my sister back in 2013 and all the walls are cavity.

I keep my Porsche in there and my BIL keeps a couple of nice motorbikes there as well.

It’s all lovely and dry.
But a cavity is not regulation on a garage.

Mine is built in 6” solids. Dashed externally and plastered internally. Also nice and dry. ✅

It will be finished in studding timber with insulation then plaster boarded same as the 1 next to it which I built the roof is a type of perspex so no condensation or damp or weight

Attachments

• IMG-20221223-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20221223-WA0001.jpg
    566 KB · Views: 21
We did a free standing double garage for my sister back in 2013 and all the walls are cavity.

I keep my Porsche in there and my BIL keeps a couple of nice motorbikes there as well.
Sound like you built it for yourself and your BIL rather than your sister! 😁

When I was a lad, I used to buy Mom Matchbox cars for birthday and Christmas 😁

My kids think I'm too old to drive my cabrio, and are very embarrassed when I'm playing
I picked my son up from school a few weeks ago and the next day a boy rushed over to him and said “Your Grandad drives and really cool car”.

Little $417 😁

I wasn’t sure tbh.
Both my sister and her husband are building surveyors so perhaps they went a bit OTT.
It’s certainly a better way. If an insulated cavity (and floor) it would give the option to easily convert into a habitable room.

The reason I didn’t add a cavity was purely down to wanting the maximum possible internal space. Will be easily converted into a snooker room if I’m ever able to retire. 😖

(Interior Timber frame, insulated, boarded and skimmed.)

(Well done if you haven’t dozed off. 🤭)

"Grits are made from ground corn, typically from less sweet, starchy varieties often referred to as dent corn. Grits can be made from either yellow or white corn and are often labeled accordingly."

Americans eat them.

Not sure if same regulations apply if the garage is attached to a house, but generally Building Regulations don’t apply to “outbuildings” up to about the size of a double garage.
They also don’t apply to a porch or conservatory which can be up to the same sort of size.

Not sure if same regulations apply if the garage is attached to a house, but generally Building Regulations don’t apply to “outbuildings” up to about the size of a double garage.
They also don’t apply to a porch or conservatory which can be up to the same sort of size.
it use to be 30 sq m floor space
I thought this thread was about Ageism not rules and regs about a garage 🙄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom