• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Air Condition issue

samali

Car
E220 CDI Elegance 08/04
Hi all,
I have a prob with my 220CDI elegance 09/2004. This happens only when the vehicule is parked in plein sun shine, the AC doesn't start although the display shows as if the fan is in full power. It starts after 2-5 minutes, for a second or two and then stops. This continues for about 15 - 20 minutes after driving then the AC starts to work fines.
If the vehicule is under shade, there is no problem at all.
Any idea this is due to what?
Many thanks in advance

you need to get the fault codes read/checked possible faulty sun sensor maybe,could be a few things really

Had similar on my W208 CLK. Would not work untill I went over a bump. At the weekend I pulled out the fan (thanks to the excellent post) and the motor brushes had worn almost to the cable. Ordered new brushes from www.(remove)tubesonline(remove).com which should be with me tomorrow. Trust the sun to come out as soon as I pull the fan!
Hope your problem is as easy to fix.

Had similar on my W208 CLK. Would not work untill I went over a bump. At the weekend I pulled out the fan (thanks to the excellent post) and the motor brushes had worn almost to the cable. Ordered new brushes from www.(remove)tubesonline(remove).com which should be with me tomorrow. Trust the sun to come out as soon as I pull the fan!
Hope your problem is as easy to fix.
Now that's useful!

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=15147

Many thanks for the replies. In fact I called MB and fixed an appointment for next Monday. I hope this will be covered under the garantee. I'll keem you informed later on.
Cheers

The brushes were delivered at 8am this morning and fitted by 9. The quoted size is 9mm x 8mm x 22mm Grade C161. Just a little long but fitted OK. Not sure if they would fit other fans but were perfect for the CLK.
I'am in A/C heaven. Thanks BDE1V for the orignal post.

Many thanks for the replies. In fact I called MB and fixed an appointment for next Monday. I hope this will be covered under the garantee. I'll keem you informed later on.
Cheers

It defnitely is covered under the three year warranty!

However, Stealer may try and scare you at first by saying that it may possibly not be covered under warranty if a consumable component of the AC system is at fault i.e. refrigeration gas etc. or if there is a leak due to wear and tear BUt this should not be the case on a vehicle just under three years old!

It defnitely is covered under the three year warranty!

However, Stealer may try and scare you at first by saying that it may possibly not be covered under warranty if a consumable component of the AC system is at fault i.e. refrigeration gas etc. or if there is a leak due to wear and tear BUt this should not be the case on a vehicle just under three years old!

Thanks for the remark. In my case, specially the AC works fine in all conditions except when the vehicule was exposed for a while under the direct sun shine. So I beleive too it would not be a question of gas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom