Airmatic fault code,W220 320CDI 2004.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BelfastBill

Car
S CLASS 320 CDI
Hi all, I have had the suspension message come up on my dash for a couple of years now, but when I switch her off and back on it goes away and may not come on again for months.
I bought an ICarsoft CR Pro to check any faults that come up. So checked the suspension and it came up C1517/064 Level distance between left and front right is too large.[The pressure build up between compressor and closed valve block is too low.
Do I take it that the compressor needs servicing or that the closed valve block is leaking??
Eagerly awaiting the experts opinions.

Thanks in advance,
Bill.
ps if anyone nearby wants to find out what faults they have I will happily try and find out for them.

Bill, unfortunately I don't have any advice on your issue, but wanted to say thank you for the kind gesture of offering to read codes for others, great community spirit.

I thought the fault was the compressor or the valve block, that's why it states the pressure between the compressor and the closed valve block is to low, would a level sensor
cause that fault code??

Does the car sink overnight, does the pump run and lift the car immediately when the raise car switch is activated. Usually the warning would only come on if it’s detecting a leak. I had the constant error like you mentioned and in the end it was the front strut that needed replacing. Once you press the switch it should start to lift the car, if it’s taking a while but you can hear the pump running I would guess the pump is worn, it’s an expensive item and a star diagnosis would be advised before you start throwing money at the problem.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom