• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

All season tyre vs summer tyres which one should I get?

I’ve been very happy with all season tyres on several cars, Goodyear 4 seasons on an Octavia scout and SLK230 and Pirelli Scorpion Zero all season on a 3.0 Fpace. In summer there is a slight drop in performance compared to a summer tyre, but well worth the compromise for the cold weather grip.

If you have P-Zero's on the car, change them before the colder weather arrives is my advice. I found the grip was atrocious in cool damp weather.
As mentioned, don't mix brands.
Do you really need all season tyres in Manchester?

If you have P-Zero's on the car, change them before the colder weather arrives is my advice. I found the grip was atrocious in cool damp weather.
As mentioned, don't mix brands.
Do you really need all season tyres in Manchester?
I don't think so in Manchester needs to have all season tyres, price difference is not that much between summer and all season tyres.

If I buy a set of 4

Goodyear Eagle F1Asymmetric 6​

Is costing me £570

And for

Michelin Tyres All Season Car Michelin Cross Climate 2​

set of 4 costing me £670,

Difference is £100.

I don't think so in Manchester needs to have all season tyres, price difference is not that much between summer and all season tyres.

If I buy a set of 4

Goodyear Eagle F1Asymmetric 6​

Is costing me £570

And for

Michelin Tyres All Season Car Michelin Cross Climate 2​

set of 4 costing me £670,

Difference is £100.
I would buy the Goodyear tyres. I have used them in all condition including very cold weather and they are superb for virtually all UK weather conditions..

Your car isn't designed for use in heavy snow, if the weather is that bad then don't go out.

Just last question,
Have you noticed any decrease in MPG?
No. Personally I find the best benefit is on morning commutes when its less than 5 degrees C and wet. That is quite a common scenario in winter months as opposed to out and out snow (which the tyre excels at anyway). Manchester has its fair share of rain from what I recall. It's up to you what you want to do.

No. Personally I find the best benefit is on morning commutes when it’s less than 5 degrees C and wet. That is quite a common scenario in winter months as opposed to out and out snow (which the tyre excels at anyway). Manchester has its fair share of rain from what I recall. It's up to you what you want to do.
When the temperature dropped below around 7C The Contisport 5s on my Fpace would skip when turning out of junctions, apparently a known problem with the steering geometry on SUVs. No problems at all with the all seasons

When the temperature dropped below around 7C The Contisport 5s on my Fpace would skip when turning out of junctions, apparently a known problem with the steering geometry on SUVs. No problems at all with the all seasons
Which ones did you fit. My GLC sufferers terrible with crabbing.

Hi, I fitted the Pirelli Scorpion Zero all season. Would normally go for the Goodyear Vector 4 seasons gen 3, but at the time they weren’t available in my size. When there were they were considerably more expensive.
Mark

Hi, I fitted the Pirelli Scorpion Zero all season. Would normally go for the Goodyear Vector 4 seasons gen 3, but at the time they weren’t available in my size. When there were they were considerably more expensive.
Mark
Thanks , I've looked at the Goodyear's they scored slightly better than the cross climates on tests. I ve got eagle f1 on at the moment and they skip ,even at 12 degrees. 😵‍💫

Finally found this video of an asymmetric 6 vs 5 and the Vector 4 seasons gen 3. Really interesting. Obviously the all seasons can’t match the summer uhp tyres, but it’s not as far behind as I expected.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom