AMGmeister adds to he's fleet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

350cls

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55k AMG Sold / S211 E320 CDI I6 W212 E63 6.2 N/A saloon.
If it's good enough for AMGmeister it's good enough for me. Not a bad looking,sounding, car, is the PFL w212 😁

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And who is he?
He is the American who still thinks the W211 E55 with the M113k engine is better than the W212 E63 with the M156 engine.:D
He is correct.;)

I could be wrong but I think he is a Canadian and the other chap, Lenny, I think he is American? 🙂

He is Canadian like has been mentioned.

Hes owned both cars/ engines in question he's more than entitled to he's opinion.

My views on each engine/car, are as follows.

M113k E55

Straight line performance is blisteringly quick for such a big saloon, the whining of that SC and feel it gives is to be experienced, it is quite something. It glides along like on a magic carpet super comfortable. Built like a tank. Safe as houses. The cons for me are the handling compared to the w212 is night and day. It's like a big old barge in the corners it's not fun on the Twisties at all. It's a motorway beast. Heat soak can be an issue if doing quick pulls after pulls. Ok you can upgrade parts and over come such flaws but you shouldn't have to upgrade on a performance car to fulfill it's potential. It should be off the shelf like the M156 offers. This is without mentioning the many things I had trouble with on the M113k 55.

W212 M156
When first purchased this vehicle I was asking on this very forum for advice on whether it was a good Idea. Not many come forward with opinions, not sure why maybe not many did the switch or maybe had there personal favourite to begin with. Your choice.

The handling the w212 chassis offers is quite something for such a big unit, it's beyond belief to be honest. It's joint equal with the E60 M5 in the handling aspects that says it all really. The comfort of the car I find absolutely perfect for me liking they got it spot on with the 3 settings comfort, sport 1 sport ll. It's stays in comfort there is no need for the others.

The gear box mct7 compared to the 5 speed in the 55k is night and day. The 5 speed for my liking has always had a gear missing or two. It's slow compared to the mct and very unresponsive compared to the mct. Your better off leaving the 5 speed in auto that playing with the buttons. This is where the mct 7 blows the 5 speed away. In sport + or manual mode the car changes carracter in a big way. It comes alive. This is where the M156 becomes fun and the e55 is just dull and boring in my opinion. The mct7 in the w212 with the M156 and the chassis handling ability blows the w211 away. Also it's an off the shelf product. You don't have to pump Dosh into it to get its best performance.

The AMGmeister is entitled to he's opinion. Be Interested in he's opinion much more down the line with the w212 63.

For me there is only one winner and it's you guessed it the 212 6.2. I didn't even get on to exhaust note. No point, only one winner there also. Happy motoring 😁👍🏆🚀

Forgot to mention the daily is a s211 😆😆

One for you friend 🙂

Tasty bit of kit that, I'd take it for a ride anytime 😁👍🚀

The AMGmeister is entitled to he's opinion
Hes owned both cars/ engines in question he's more than entitled to he's opinion.
Have you actually watched his video comparing the two engines ?
He certainly is entitled to his opinion.
Then have a read of the opinions below the video.

Comparing an older W211 with a far more technically advanced W212 is like comparing apples to oranges.
Just compare the two engines in a W211,like AMGmeister has, then get back to me.;)
I've said it before, the M156 belongs in a C63.

You have a very strong opinion for someone who hasn't owned or driven A vehicle for a length of time to come to the conclusion you have. I'm not going to justify my points I have done on many occasions. The first video you yourself uploaded was comparing the two vehicles that I have owned. I would say I'm in a fair position to justify my opinions on both vehicles.

There are so many differences with the e63 and the c63 with gear box and numerous other factors you can't just say it belongs in one chassis and not another. But look if that's your opinion then happy days move on. But when a vehicle has identical handling capabilities to that of the E60 M5. It's not a bad car a can sat that much. I'll leave it there. 😁👍

Double trouble post 😆

For the light interior fans out there.

Well, I wouldn't take his word for it unfortunately. I don't find him to have credibility in my opinion.

Well, I wouldn't take his word for it unfortunately. I don't find him to have credibility in my opinion.

Well oh well, I imagine he's not to bothered what your opinion is of him, to have credibility or not 😆

Worth a look

Last edited:
I agree, but let's hear it from the horse's mouth.

He may be a whisperer, and keep it in house😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom