Another 500e

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The "re-imported from Spain" thing rings a distant bell, I think? Would've been about a year ago, too? It was probably discussed here back then, wonder if there are old threads.

The missing history is a shame - one for those who can inspect and know exactly what they're looking at?

Thinks: 500E and petrol soon to reach £1.50/litre - not the best timing! :(

not sure about the quad exhausts at all ...

not sure about the quad exhausts at all ...

Agreed, looks like its trying to be an M3 with the 4 pipes. IMO e500 should be a stealth wagon even de badged. Only those who know will understand what it is.

however that looks a nice example and I do recall an e500 based in spain being for sale a while back and that looks very similar.

As soon as I get out of my flat and have moved into a house, the wife has allowed me the luxury of a fast car and for me it will be an e500. :rock::rock:

Pistonhead members car. Nice guy, i thought he had removed the tail pipes.

Ex-Hairpin so i would reckon its a cracker

Last edited:
Nice car.

However the seller will not share the reserve...why do sellers hide the reserve?

Just set a price and let it go from there...otherwise it's a waste of time for buyers if its out their price range.

Not sure about grey interior however, personally, I like the quad pipe system, although it'd benefit with better alloys.

Yes, pretty sure I remember a car from Spain too, however that particular car had EVO-II alloys and was a full-facelift.

If it was from Hairpin then I imagine it was a well sorted car.

How much do we think shes worth in the current economic climate?

Nice car. I'm a big fan of quad exhausts on 500E but I think only Brabus has managed to pull the look off with perfect placement and style of tips to complement the car.

The "re-imported from Spain" thing rings a distant bell, I think? Would've been about a year ago, too?

This is a very early car with facelift bonnet and rear lights,and the one from spain was a late one.Also as mentioned ^ that car had EVO alloys and i think the mileage was higher so i don`t think is the same car

They`re ok but why cut the bumper :wallbash:.
The tips sit alot better when the bumper has been cut, I have seen it first hand on my BMW 740i Sport when I got a quad stainless exhaust fitted on it - looked wrong without the cuts as the tips faced down because of the bumper.

It normally says if it didn't reach reserve, right?

Someone just got an absolute bargain

Not really, with petrol at 117.9p a litre, a 500E is not really the best option to go for!

And plus, sellers sell these at a premium, it probably reached its realistic value on eBay, or possibly more since I wouldnt pay over £7k even for a 1994 E500.

From what I have seen, and I have been looking at a few, this would be about the current market rate for one here in the UK. This one did have very good recent history however, which many don't.

With prices as they are in Europe things are starting to level off now at about this price point for decent cars. Some ask silly money, whether they get it or not is open to question.

From what I have seen, and I have been looking at a few, this would be about the current market rate for one here in the UK. This one did have very good recent history however, which many don't.

With prices as they are in Europe things are starting to level off now at about this price point for decent cars. Some ask silly money, whether they get it or not is open to question.

For that price,even around europe you can`t find a car in such condition

For that price,even around europe you can`t find a car in such condition
Not since the strengthening of the Euro, but things are starting to find their level with people in Europe buying cars back from the UK (as they are cheaper here). There are loads on mobile.de at this price point, just at 150k-250k kms!

Disagree:)

7.5 grand for a one previous owner car, in good nic, with 99k is a cheap car IMHO.

IIRC that car was up for 16-18k at Hairpin less than a year ago (admittedly they always ask strong money)

Recent sales have been Winton's car at ~£11k, with similar miles:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/84007-hello-500e-advice-appreciated.html

And my neighbours (which had 300km+) for 8k:

Auto-Journals / Journals / Mercedes-Benz / E500 /

Only 7.5k car i can recall was the swiss one which was odd colour, also mega- miles (300km+), with a new engine and a misfire:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/spotted-ebay/62088-swiss-w124-500e-all-new-parts-7950-a.html

Where were the 7.5k cars you've been looking at?:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom