Another Newbie :D

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Kully and Welcome to the forum.

Nice 124 coupe like the colour looks good!

Quick question I noticed you have non airbag steering wheel did you replace or was it already on the car?

Hi Kully and Welcome to the forum.

Nice 124 coupe like the colour looks good!

Quick question I noticed you have non airbag steering wheel did you replace or was it already on the car?

I changed it myself, just got the momo boss kit for it and it was all set, removing the old steering wheel couldnt be easier, theres 4 allen type screws behind the steering wheel to remove the air bag (please remove battery connections first) then disconnect the airbag and undo the but for the steering wheel and its off **** please note this way worked for me but in no way does it mean it may work for you please consult a professional ****

but i kept the old wheel incase i sell the car and the new owner doesnt like the airbag less wheel.

Hi Kully

Welcome to the forum, fantastic car in the nicest colour ;) ! love W124 coupes!!

Hi Kully

Welcome to the forum, fantastic car in the nicest colour ;) ! love W124 coupes!!

Thanks,

is yours an E36 AMG??? WOW!!! you got any pics?

Oh just seen pics of your car on your E36 progress WOW it just gets better, its the dogs danglers!!! looks like an AMG HAMMER coupe awesome !!

Last edited:
HI Kully

class choice in car but then I would say that would not I:rolleyes: .

you say you got the engine and gearbox...did you get the wiring loom too as these are different for the 6 cylinders?

welcome to the forum; many useful/helpful people here....but I am not one of them:eek:

matt

nice car, looks like mine with the kit and is the same colour as my first w124 coupe

can you tell me where you park it at night as i need a new amg front fog light

oops ive let my plan out !

nice car, looks like mine with the kit and is the same colour as my first w124 coupe

can you tell me where you park it at night as i need a new amg front fog light

oops ive let my plan out !

lol!!!!

i did see some ebay went for £70 odd missed them by £9 i was gutted

HI Kully

class choice in car but then I would say that would not I:rolleyes: .

you say you got the engine and gearbox...did you get the wiring loom too as these are different for the 6 cylinders?

welcome to the forum; many useful/helpful people here....but I am not one of them:eek:

matt

yeah i got everything from under the bonnet of the doner car, i may even attempt to put the engine in myself i mean i got an engine lift and compressor with some airtools all i need now is the know how and im sure someone on here has swapped an engione or two in their time

i've reomved a 2.0 litre Gsi engine from a nova so i know how to get engines out just gotta work on putting them in lol

id kill for one

and 1 of mine sits at a weird angle as the merc bloke said they are held in place by plastic bits and they break often

Nice motor, and I hat eto burst your bubble, but.........

That engine swap is no where near as simple as it seems.

Engine wiring, but hope you got this with the engine, if the donor car had cruise control, this again will be a huge problem. The throttle body has a seperate loom if fitted with cruise, but if without cruise the loom would be attached to the wiring harness.

4sp\5sp gearbox, if going from one 2 the other an additional wiring loom and control unit are required, the drive shafts and diff will need to be changed.

Inboard wiring harness, thats the other plug that goes onto the ecu.
This inboard harness will be the biggest problem. It routes onto all components in the engine bay, except the engine, goes under the blower box, into the fuse box, then into the dashboard. It can be removed and changed over, but its not easy job.

Plus your car and the donor car must match in the following respect if you wish to change the inboard harness over:
Cruise or not
Aircon (factory fitted not after market) or not
4sp or 5sp

If you have any more questions or need advice, ill be more than happy to help. IMO, if you want a e320 your better off buying one and swapping your body kit over.

Nice motor, and I hat eto burst your bubble, but.........

That engine swap is no where near as simple as it seems.

Engine wiring, but hope you got this with the engine, if the donor car had cruise control, this again will be a huge problem. The throttle body has a seperate loom if fitted with cruise, but if without cruise the loom would be attached to the wiring harness.

4sp\5sp gearbox, if going from one 2 the other an additional wiring loom and control unit are required, the drive shafts and diff will need to be changed.

Inboard wiring harness, thats the other plug that goes onto the ecu.
This inboard harness will be the biggest problem. It routes onto all components in the engine bay, except the engine, goes under the blower box, into the fuse box, then into the dashboard. It can be removed and changed over, but its not easy job.

Plus your car and the donor car must match in the following respect if you wish to change the inboard harness over:
Cruise or not
Aircon (factory fitted not after market) or not
4sp or 5sp

If you have any more questions or need advice, ill be more than happy to help. IMO, if you want a e320 your better off buying one and swapping your body kit over.

Thanks for the advice i wasnt aware that there was sooo much extra to do, i have the egine the gearbox and all the wiring looms from under the bonnet and the ECU but nothing cabin side. I may just have to re list the engine and gearbox or keep them as spares. I've seen a nice 320 Cabrio may just buy that swap the kit and sell the e220 on. But again thanks so much i nearly made a very expensive mistake.

- Kully

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom