• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Any R129 Aficionados care to comment please?

That exhaust would put me off ,I drove one with an aftermarket cat back section and it sounded dreadful .
The R129 is a very quiet car and for me a shouty exhaust doesn't suit , a genuine replacement is not cheap either..

The rear box is important ... MB ones are pretty refined. I had the centre muffler removed (MB dropped this in the '99 facelift anyway), and it made only a tiny difference to the sound.

When you try and pick one up, you realise why. The standard MB exhaust is made from old battleship armour, they last for ages.

That exhaust would put me off ,I drove one with an aftermarket cat back section and it sounded dreadful .
The R129 is a very quiet car and for me a shouty exhaust doesn't suit , a genuine replacement is not cheap either..
Add in to the price replacement suspension bushes etc they are heavy cars.
If your going to look at that one I'm happy to let you have a gander at mine ,I'm not far from Waltham Cross
That's really kind of you. I am thinking of heading up there on Saturday morning (although I might do Friday as.I have a lunch appointment in Brentwood) if that would suit? Drop me a pm with a rough location so I can have a look and perhaps a contact number please

When you try and pick one up, you realise why. The standard MB exhaust is made from old battleship armour, they last for ages.

Yep, I got the in-laws to bring my (AMG) back box over from Germany in the back of their R Class ... it weighed a ton!

That's really kind of you. I am thinking of heading up there on Saturday morning (although I might do Friday as.I have a lunch appointment in Brentwood) if that would suit? Drop me a pm with a rough location so I can have a look and perhaps a contact number please
Pm sent 👍🏼

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom