Anyone bought tyres from Costco?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How do you find Derby? (I know, just off the A38 before the comments start!:D) I'm thinking of trying them a try next service (a good friend is a salesman there and says he can get "friends and family discount")

on the whole, for servicing, they're OK. i've had a few issues with them & they have been sorted out to my satisfaction. communication isn't their best point & it can take a few phone calls just to find out when your car will be ready. i've found that it really depends on who you're dealing with, some of the service dept. guys seem a lot more customer focused & are willing to go a little further than others (i'm being polite! :p).

i always get a price from the service dept at Mertrux (off the Pentagon Island, A52) but Derby have beaten them the last few times.

sales - completely unimpressed since our experience a few months ago.

not happy to read that as that's where i'd planned to go to for servicing seeing as we bought from them, might have to stick with MB Derby after all. never had a problem with them & supplying own oil.

i've just asked JCT on their facebook page to clarify...

one of the reasons i like JCT600, quick responses!

Friday night they replied to my question on facebook, "sorry don't know but will get it checked out for you & Chesterfield will be in touch to confirm". Service dept. from C'field has just called me & confirmed they don't allow you to supply your own oil, it's group policy.

i sort of understand, but then if it's the correct MB spec. & a sealed container, what's the problem?

anyway, Will said to contact them nearer service time & they'll do the best they can on price.

i sort of understand, but then if it's the correct MB spec. & a sealed container, what's the problem?

Loss of income, I assume. I was being charged £128 for Mobil 1 at the dealership, and I'm sure they buy it for a lot less than the £58 retail price of the same oil at Costco.

Loss of income, I assume. I was being charged £128 for Mobil 1 at the dealership, and I'm sure they buy it for a lot less than the £58 retail price of the same oil at Costco.

Supplying your own oil was something I'd never heard of until I got a Merc, but the service advisor in the dealership suggested it to me. This was a few years ago when the dealers tended not to discount servicing and I remember being astonished that the dealer will just chuck away something like £70 of profit.

one of the reasons i like JCT600, quick responses!

Friday night they replied to my question on facebook, "sorry don't know but will get it checked out for you & Chesterfield will be in touch to confirm". Service dept. from C'field has just called me & confirmed they don't allow you to supply your own oil, it's group policy.

anyway, Will said to contact them nearer service time & they'll do the best they can on price.

All things considered, I'll let Derby quote but will most likely stay with Chesterfield. Will is an old friend of mine and he does his best regarding prices, he also collects our cars and leaves his for us to use so it just makes things easy.

Not sure what MB Chesterfield use now but it's not Mobil 1. Oil for my old 350 was about £80 IIRC

Not sure what MB Chesterfield use now but it's not Mobil 1. Oil for my old 350 was about £80 IIRC

I think the different dealerships are free to negotiate with suppliers for oil ... I know some have switched to Shell now. So long as it's a 'premium' brand that meets the MB spec. I don't suppose it matters much.

If that was £80 including VAT that was pretty cheap for a main dealer, unless it was some time ago. I assume the capacity was about the same as my SL (8 litres IIRC).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom