Anyone fancy a CL65? Mine.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just an update on a fun week that I've had since I advertised the car for sale. In the back of my mind I didn't think it would be any different to when I sold my SL63 despite putting this note on the advert that went on Pistonheads :-
Just a short note, when I sold my SL63 last year I had a number of couples who were obviously just out for a days fun to look at and get a ride in cars they couldn't afford.
I've got wise to that now and also dealers phoning up and offering insulting figures.
Being a polite sort of chap I will answer all enquiries but don't waste my time.

Despite having 500+ views and 15 or so 'watchers' in the almost 10 days it's been on e-bay the quality and quantity of comedy has been high, but I guess that's par for the course for e-bay, just about every weirdo and fantasist has had his say.
From Pistonheads Classified I've had an altogether different response and the offer of a P/X with a fabulous TVR Sagaris but I would prefer a cash buy.
Then a chap flew down from West Midlands Airport who I met at Southampton Airport haggled me to death so he finally beat me down to £41K with the Vossens and the lowering module, then disappeared and I haven't heard a word from since.
Strange world, car dealers earn every penny in their mark up believe me.

I can say from personal experience the market for older large engined cars has immensely slowed since last year and with it attracted some strange characters unfortunately.

I can say from personal experience the market for older large engined cars has immensely slowed since last year and with it attracted some strange characters unfortunately.

Judging by the way the last two Cl65's sold at a dealer I really thought the car would sell quicker.
There may be a change in the market that I'm unaware of.

My thoughts too Birma.... as you say they were on the market for a week tops..... I'm sure you'll find a genuine buyer soon.... a rare beast normally goes to an enthusiast....

My thoughts too Birma.... as you say they were on the market for a week tops..... I'm sure you'll find a genuine buyer soon.... a rare beast normally goes to an enthusiast....

I put it on Autrader yesterday so I think I've covered all popular forms of advertising now.

I'd have loved to own this car myself but just have too many at the moment and not enough space.

As you state, there aren't many about and to find a good one in with the rest is a rare occurrence.

Best of luck and I hope it gets the buyer it deserves.

I would have thought it would sell quicker too - being one of the flagship models...

It's silver, prefacelift and on aftermarket wheels.

I'm surprised it hasn't sold yet.

Judging by the way the last two Cl65's sold at a dealer I really thought the car would sell quicker.
I think the part I’ve highlighted is the most pertinent point of all - I prefer to buy private but a CL65 would certainly test that habit to the limit!

Well it would appear that Autotrader is the place to sell this sort of car. It went in yesterday and today the car is provisionally sold. Since then I've had two more serious enquires, the buyer wants the standard wheels so I'm going to put the Vossens up for sale.

Excellent @BIRMA glad you sold it!

Well it would appear that Autotrader is the place to sell this sort of car. It went in yesterday and today the car is provisionally sold. Since then I've had two more serious enquires, the buyer wants the standard wheels so I'm going to put the Vossens up for sale.
Great news.

Shame it wasn’t available a few years ago as I went see a few and they were all in terrible condition. I would snatched your hands off.

Glad you were able to sell David. I'm tempted now to sell mine and reduce the small collection a bit. Autotrader seems to be the place to use, as you say.

Congrats too David
As you know I was tempted so great to hear its gone to a good home

It's good I didn't see this post earlier ;) I could be temped by the beast but probably worried about future costs in case of failure. Good luck with transaction.

We'll have to organise another meet when you get Alfa.

It's good I didn't see this post earlier ;) I could be temped by the beast but probably worried about future costs in case of failure. Good luck with transaction.

Indeed.

On the cost's front I don't think these V12's are that bad some of my friends with V12's (I won't mention the name of this British V12) but they are horrendous, mine by comparison has been very cheap even doing everything properly.

Congratulations David on the Sale. If everything works out maybe see you on the 21st Oct GTG at Brooklands ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom