• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Anyone got a windwcreen washer jet adjustment tool for hire?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deletedmember130310
  • Start date Start date
D

Deletedmember130310

I had my car serviced just before my recent 1800 mile trip and noticed whilst away that the near side windscreen washer jet needs adjusting.

I could go back to my dealer but it it a c100 mile round trip so I’m hoping might have the right tool (R172 SLK) they would be willing to loan out?

Before you attempt any adjustment, have an assistant operate the windscreen washer, continuously, from inside the car while you agitate any dirt that may be present inside the jet using a needle.

You might find that the jet in set correctly and it is dirt that is causing it to divert to the wrong spot, might be worth a try.

Dec

Pins don’t work on the slotted adjuster on the SLK....

Ebay do a universal tool to set the jets up . To clean the jets out i use a painters blow lamp ***** . Cost pence each off ebay.Plus a squirt of penetrating oil first.

Lots of car use a pin to adjust the jet .They are like an eyeball and the jet is in the center you put the pin in and move it to adjust it . You must be a young whipersnaper and you would not remember them . With the sloted one you put the screwdriver in the slot and turn it .On mine they are a pair of copper tubes, to adjust those you put the adjusting tool in the tube and gently bend it .

Last edited:
Mmm - that part number comes up as part of a wiring loom....

How much ?

Thanks - that what I thought it looks like but I don’t see how a pin or knitting needle will replicate that....

Could you put up a picture of your jets?
That wont clean out jets, it just adjust there direction.

See post#3 above.

Dec

I don’t need to clear the jets - fluid comes out ok, but to thr wrong part of the screen.

I want to adjust (not clean) the jets so they point to the correct part of the screen. Currently the near side jet squirts over the windscreen (and into the cockpit)

Not sure what your jets look like so a bit lost.
I see what you mean now, its a direction problem not a dirt issue.

Dec

Buy two crimps with male blades as used in car wiring (is that PC :rolleyes:) then glue them into a piece of dowel at the correct pitch.

I think that should be cheaper than MB tool, award yourself a big smirk when you adjust the jets:p:p

If your anywhere near North Wales, pop over, I have the tool.
Got it free from my local main dealer mechanic servicing my car.
He had nine of them in his tool box and after handing car over I mentioned how the hell do I adjust washer jets on my E Class, so went back in and gave me one of his.
Great guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom