• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Anyone got a windwcreen washer jet adjustment tool for hire?

• Thread starter Thread starter Deletedmember130310
  • Start date Start date
If your anywhere near North Wales, pop over, I have the tool.
Got it free from my local main dealer mechanic servicing my car.
He had nine of them in his tool box and after handing car over I mentioned how the hell do I adjust washer jets on my E Class, so went back in and gave me one of his.
Great guy
Nine !! at about £40 each from MB , that's just being greedy :p. I have only seen genuine MB ones I guess the Chinese can't be bothered copying them because of low volume sales.:dk:

Buy two crimps with male blades as used in car wiring (is that PC :rolleyes:) then glue them into a piece of dowel at the correct pitch.

I think that should be cheaper than MB tool, award yourself a big smirk when you adjust the jets:p:p
Shame on you. by now you must know that there is no such thing as a male and female fitting of ANY kind allowed in our lives. Be prepared for the end of electrical installations of any kind and probably and end to joinery as we known it. ! :rolleyes:

Keep us updated Pete - claims it's in Newry so should be quick delivery!

Sorry, late to the party. I've got one, and if you come and visit us in Lightwater, Surrey, you can borrow it and adjust the jets whilst you are here !
Cheers
Richard

But I know if I do come and visit, my wallet will take a hit as getting my Comand changed out and/or getting parktronic retrofitted is a temptation I can resist while you're a distance away!!:D:D:D

Well it arrived today, it fits the slots in the washer assembly perfectly.
Thanks to Goody 71 for the Heads Up :)

Just ordered one myself thanks to the above posts. Many thanks everyone, at last I will be able to adjust both jets on my car.

Have adjusted mine the tool works perfectly.
There is a shroud over the jet assembly, this can be removed to assist in adjusting ( use a plastic trim tool) . The inside of the shroud and surrounding the jet assembly was caked with muck.
Removed all three shrouds and cleaned out. To replace the shroud line up and push firmly , it clicks in

How long did MB stick with this type of nozzle ? or is just on C class of a certain vintage. I must say before I got my car I never had to give this subject any thought at all, every single car I have ever owned had nozzles you could adjust with a stout pin.

How long did MB stick with this type of nozzle ? or is just on C class of a certain vintage. I must say before I got my car I never had to give this subject any thought at all, every single car I have ever owned had nozzles you could adjust with a stout pin.

Mine's a 2011 E Class and has those nozzles

Hi all anyone in the NW got one I can borrow for a fee of course. Postage etc. ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom