Anyone have a designo E55K W211?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think its called Jasper Blue. Paint Code 5345

Image below not my car, just a stock Google photo.

s-l400.jpg

Looks like (non-Designo) 345 Jasper Blue to me.

Is this car worth buying? I would have gone for it for sure if it had less than 100k on the clock.
If he still has it, what do you guys think it's worth?
If I was to buy it, I know I'd end up spending quite a bit on it to get more power and do some cosmetic mods too. Is it worth spending money on a car with 130k on the clock? I feel like I'd be throwing money away. It's only the colour that attracts me to this car

Looks high spec with heated and cooled front seats, and heated rear seats. It is a 53 which I believe is worth investigating (some are good , some are bad IIRC in terms of radiator and electrical updates?).

Seems an OK price, nothing special but reasonable.

If you really want a specific or rare colour you probably will always have to compromise somewhere I guess!

Is this car worth buying? I would have gone for it for sure if it had less than 100k on the clock.
If I was to buy it, I know I'd end up spending quite a bit on it to get more power and do some cosmetic mods too. Is it worth spending money on a car with 130k on the clock? I feel like I'd be throwing money away. It's only the colour that attracts me to this car
Looks the same car as posted by zahidkhan593, maybe he’s just bought it?

Unless you’re buying a low owner, low mileage E55K then I’d allow at least a grand maybe even two to get it to what I’d call top condition. There are forum members who have spent that amount and more, it really depends what type of E55K you want - a minter that barely turns a wheel or something really nice that will be *driven*?

I’d also say that these cars are getting into that sweet spot of “buy on condition, not mileage” and the Jasper Blue in the eBay looks a good base to start with, if I was looking I’d certainly be interested...

Poor MOT history on that blue one - also a MB garage selling privately with no warranty from what I could see.

Looks like it’s sold now. It seems they have a super rare W208 CLK55 AMG Convertible for sale too.

I sent a message to the seller and he said he still has it. For once i want to get a car that i can drive every time i get a chance and the E55AMG would be a great daily but i can't help thinking 130k is too much. Maybe i should just buy a silver one as i've seen some very low mileage ones. There's someone on You tube that has posted videos of his silver E55AMG and once it was all done, the car looked immaculate and even though silver is not my fav colour, it looked great and i thought i'd be happy with that!

I sent a message to the seller and he said he still has it. For once i want to get a car that i can drive every time i get a chance and the E55AMG would be a great daily but i can't help thinking 130k is too much. Maybe i should just buy a silver one as i've seen some very low mileage ones. There's someone on You tube that has posted videos of his silver E55AMG and once it was all done, the car looked immaculate and even though silver is not my fav colour, it looked great and i thought i'd be happy with that!
You’re not shy modding you’re cars; why not buy a really great silver E55K and get it wrapped to whatever colour you want? It’ll also keep the bodywork guarded underneath.

You’re not shy modding you’re cars; why not buy a really great silver E55K and get it wrapped to whatever colour you want? It’ll also keep the bodywork guarded underneath.

I just wanted something unique from factory. Even though my wrapped M3 has been done very well by Yannimize and everyone that sees the car comments how good of a job they've done, it will never look as good as a painted car.
To buy a low mileage E55AMG i'd have to pay strong money which i don't mind for a good one but from my past experience if i compromise on something important i know i will never be happy and i have thought maybe get it resprayed but it would devalue the car. I guess i'll have to be patient and see if a rare E55AMG comes up for sale or just shut my mouth and go for a common colour one :)

130k isn’t much on these engines or drive trains. As long as it’s been maintained, go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom