anyone installed a pulley on c200 faaaast!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fullfocus

got it from america asp pulley it was put on the american c230 the difference is amazing my car is 197bhp 280nm torque now

Could you explain why a pulley on it's own could improve power by a significant percentage? Or is the TDC sensor mark at a different position. Mind you knock sensors would pull the timing back again.

regards,,

Job

Job,

I think he is referring to a 'Kompressor' engined varient, ie, forced induction, 'supercharged'.

The ASP pulleys increase the boost from the s/c, hence more power. I think Brabus/Kleeman etc offer similar set ups.

HTH :)

Will

asp r by far the cheapest only 650 dollars around 380 pound
well worth every penny

yes it is 4 the supercharged

Will said:
Job,

I think he is referring to a 'Kompressor' engined varient, ie, forced induction, 'supercharged'.

The ASP pulleys increase the boost from the s/c, hence more power. I think Brabus/Kleeman etc offer similar set ups.

HTH :)

Will

Thanks Will,

I thought he was talking about a crank pulley. I'll switch my brain (or what's left of it) on next time:).

Yes, the smaller the supercharger pulley, the more boost it will produce. It will also require the fuel to go with that increased boost though. I would make sure that the car does not run lean at full boost/revs.
Also make sure that there is no detonation happening. Normally the ECU will pull ignition timing back when it sees increased voltage from the knock sensors. Although the knock sensors are now an integral part of the management system, I would invest in a KnockLink or something, just to make sure. Or get the car mapped correctly.

regards,

Job

Hi Job,

I think it is the crank pulley that he was talking about, rather than making the s/c pulley smaller, the crank pulley is larger, giving the same effect (ie, spinning the s/c faster at any given engine rpm).

I think that most people who have done/had this coversion done have got away with only a few other modifications (from memory different FPR, spark plugs and relocating the MAS sensor). Your advice does seem sound, although I think that in this particular instance the increases are relatively small and tolerated with the standard set up.

Cheers,

Will

Will said:
Hi Job,

I think it is the crank pulley that he was talking about, rather than making the s/c pulley smaller, the crank pulley is larger, giving the same effect (ie, spinning the s/c faster at any given engine rpm).

I think that most people who have done/had this coversion done have got away with only a few other modifications (from memory different FPR, spark plugs and relocating the MAS sensor). Your advice does seem sound, although I think that in this particular instance the increases are relatively small and tolerated with the standard set up.

Cheers,

Will

Thanks for clarifying. I am used to changing supercharger pulleys to increase boost. In my experience more than 10% increase in boost normally needs other modifications like better/colder plugs, re-map, intake hose re-enforcement, EGR percentage lowering, etc. etc.

I have also found that with most belt driven compressors (roots, G lader), internal wear increases exponentially. Some compressors have very weak front bearings as well.

Sorry Fullfocus, for butting in.

regards,

Job

fullfocus said:
10% more like 30-40% more noticable u obviously dont have one

Yawn ...... no obviously we dont .....

seing as the 200k is the same engine with a diff pulley to the 230 i reckon this is a fairly safe mod to do without changing much. you wont be exceeding anything that the engine isnt already built for....a few sensors and a fuelling remap would do...

Yawn .......... girlfriends car ....

If it helps, we have a CLK 430 as well ;)

EDIT :- as well as a Caps Lock button and various other ones for inserting commas and full stops too......

Last edited:
SportsCoupeRich said:
girlfriends my A**....you know you love that little bug! ;) :)

LOL !!! :D fair enough Rich !! you've got me there !!

Its a right laugh drving it around, its like a little go-kart with a toy town steering wheel !!

The only reason i love it so much is because i have to maintain the little b***er!!

If only it had a bit more power :rolleyes: perhaps i could fit a CRX VTEC engine in it .......... ;)

bigger pulley

After reading this thread am I right in thinking the crank pulley for the 230k is larger and will fit a 200k? Would I also need a longer drive belt or is there enough adjustment for the one fitted?

no1vic - i reckon so but am not sure.

Howard - i used to nick my ex's one every now and then for a laugh...go kart is a perfect description. Liked it so much i bought myself a 1600cc mk5 fiesta zetec s for a year. now that was fun fun fun.

---get her to upgrade to one of them, cheap as chips now! only grp8 ins....

the c230 engine has exactly the same things as a c200 different stroke or sumthin like that the actual pulley u need is an aftermarket one the cheapest is www.aspracing.com us 650 dollars about 370 quid i got a second hand one off another forum www.mbklasse.com for 230 deliverd i was lucky all the standard pulleys are the same 4 a c200-c230

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom