• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Anyone used Longlife Custom Exhausts ?

vijilants

MB Enthusiast
Car
W205 C43 AMG
I recently contacted Longlife exhausts in London as I need to mate up my Remus rear box with the original exhaust and this is the answer I received......they seem to be a lot cheaper than fitting an OEM exhaust and its stainless steel and guaranteed for life.

Anyone used them ?

"We can certainly build a Stainless Steel Centre section for your Mercedes C230K.This is the section between the cat and the backbox. We can also mate this to the Remus backbox.

All our systems are tailor-made using stainless steel (T304) and come with a no hassle, fully transferable LIFETIME GUARANTEE so it is literally fit and forget.

Our free-flow systems are designed for efficiency, which can give increased power and improved MPG. Usually the most noticeable improvement is in low down torque

giving better acceleration.

To design and build a Longlife Stainless centre section from the catalytic converter through to the rear of your vehicle would cost £199 (including fitting and VAT). Trusting the backbox is a direct fit we wiull charge an additional £40 to fit.

Hand-building and fitting your custom made system takes approximately 2-3 hours by appointment at our Wallington, Surrey centre. We can also make a courtesy car available while we build your exhaust system, subject to availability.

When you arrive and before work commences, we will agree and confirm the final details of the system design. After work is completed, every exhaust undergoes a thorough twelve point quality check, to ensure complete reliability and performance."

Do a search on "Longlife" - I've used their Wallington branch a couple of times, no problems.

I know a number of people have used them - they normally get their boxes quietened down on a return visit. I went to the Wallington branch a few years ago - it was staffed by a couple of teenagers with their Saxos parked outside. It may have changed but the apparant lack of knowledge put me off getting them to fit an AMG back box to my old SL500.

I know a number of people have used them - they normally get their boxes quietened down on a return visit.

I've used the Wallington branch on a number of occasions. Quality of work is exceptional, but do agree about the noise as i've made a return visit to have another box fitted to quieten the car down. Never as quiet as a stock system though.

There was an old chap that worked on my car whenever i've been down, but there were 2-3 youngsters that work there. Having said that even their welding skills were excellent.

No complaints about their exhausts though, had one on the W202 for 2 years+, a friend has one on his car for 5yrs and again no probs.

sent a customer to the swansea branch recently (at my expense), he was very impressed with the quality..

sent a customer to the swansea branch recently (at my expense), he was very impressed with the quality..

I used Longlife Plymouth branch excellent service and quality products. They have just fitted my Kleeman header and cat and linked to the earlier dual quad exhaust system they did for me a couple of months ago. Would use them again.

They did a similar thing for my car for the same cost. No probs at all. Although still a bit quiet. :D

They did a similar thing for my car for the same cost. No probs at all. Although still a bit quiet. :D

Don't know if this will help but i had all the OEM cats removed and replaced with the Kleemann cat and header. It's still legal and the sound is incredible for a C200K Sport without it being 'boy racer'.

If anybody has any questions about Stainless Steel Exhaust Systems, custom fabricated, please check out our Website & feel free to Email me.

Plesae remember one thing, as with all products, you get what you pay for !

Look forward to talking to some of you.

Regards,

Tim.

If anybody has any questions about Stainless Steel Exhaust Systems, custom fabricated, please check out our Website & feel free to Email me.

Plesae remember one thing, as with all products, you get what you pay for !

Look forward to talking to some of you.

Regards,

Tim.

What's the website?

my longlife was one of the best investments i made on my old car.

sounded AWESOME! then again.. V6s do sound rather nice!

they asked me how I wanted it to sound... then I added a fast flow cat (couldn't be bothered with de-cat pipe mot etc etc) and lastly got to choose me end!!!

Its been rock solid ever since fitted, its even transferrable the warranty!

worth every penny..

The guys are just round the corner from me and I know them very well. never had a problem with the work, but i have to agree that after a week or so of driving when the exhaust is 'bedded in' i get it quietened down abit. other than that the prices are good and theres room for haggaling!
plus the warranty is real good better than some other custom places. the only thing is they now require a yearly check-up to maintain the warranty.

OK, so if I want any work done from them is it best to contact their main phone number for a quote or go to the branch to get a quote ?

I contacted their main number and they are quoting me £99 to fit the box, all in including cutting the existing pipe to fit it.

OK, so if I want any work done from them is it best to contact their main phone number for a quote or go to the branch to get a quote ?

I contacted their main number and they are quoting me £99 to fit the box, all in including cutting the existing pipe to fit it.

Go to the branch as it will be significantly cheaper.

I've had exhaust shops fit them types of boxes for £20-30 before!

Longlife use a pretty standard pricing menu - fitting the AMG box to my SL (which involved cutting and welding) was also £99 all in (branch estimate).

But if in doubt go to the local centre and get them to quote.

Drove past the Basingstoke branch recently and the building has been demolished:(

OK.....took my rear box to Longlife to have it fitted....it is now banging up against the rear bumper.:eek:

Taking it back to have it refitted or have the bumper trimmed.

Will let you know :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom