• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Anyone used Longlife Custom Exhausts ?

Hi All.... Im looking at getting my G Wagen exhaust done at the Wallington branch of Long-life exhausts... has anyone been there recently? the people who said they had to return to have their exhaust quietened down...I was curious as to how they can do this... ?

Hi Guys,

I actually came across this thread before deciding where to get my exhaust installed and made the HUGE mistake of going with Longlife Surrey, which later on turned out to be a complete disaster. The system (full cat-back) they installed was on my car for a few weeks before I scrapped it and had it completely re-done elsewhere.

I know this is an old thread, but it appears first in a Google search for Longlife Surrey reviews… So, I thought I’d add my two pennies, if anyone is looking for reviews.

The system was flawed, here are the major issues I had with it (car: BMW 645Ci):
1. A major section of the system was made in 2" piping, which is a downgrade and is way too narrow for a 4.4L V8! This is narrower than OEM/Stock piping.
2. The x-pipe was badly designed bottle-necking the already thin system to the width of roughly a single pipe in the x section!
3. The system swayed and moved laterally to the extent of knocking on my bumper and melting the bumper on both sides!
4. The craftsmanship was poor throughout. Bends on the dual piping weren't symmetrical and the whole thing looked awful.
5. Jig bent pipes with bottle-necks around the bends.
6. The bumper cut-outs were extremely untidy – looked like the guy cut them out with a wood saw and didn’t bother to sand or tidy them up (I needed to do that myself!).
7. The exhaust tips were truly dreadful with visible welds, wonky, uneven, made out of similar cheap piping they used under the car.
8. The exhaust tips were all pointing in slightly different directions (quad tips) and you could see the hangers and welds from behind the car – it looked absolutely DREADFUL.
9. Additionally, they left a steel ~30cm cross-brace hanging loose under my car, this could have caused a major accident or damage, if it were to slip out on the motorway at 70mph. I luckily noticed it 2 weeks later and took it off the car myself.
10. Dan (Longlife) also cancelled on me twice at short notice. First time an hour before I had my exhaust installation booked. The second time an hour before I had a visit booked to look into the melting bumper issue.

Importantly the deep V8 sound that I clearly specified and was after, wasn’t there. Instead the exhaust sounded WORSE than stock, with a high pitched, raspy, metallic sound instead. (After I got the Longlife system out and a proper one fitted I finally got my deep V8 sound back again!).

When I asked Longlife for a refund they weren’t willing to take ownership and issue one, even partial! All they offered was to try and make some changes to the system they made (partially at my expense)... As I didn’t feel confident in leaving my car with them again and wanted this “system” off my car, I decided to cut my losses of £720 and go elsewhere. Money lost and a lot of stress!

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom