Arnott vs Aerosus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Large price difference that makes me wonder but there is a 2 year warranty and TUV etc!!

@merc85 uses Arnott I think. He knows a lot about parts so hopefully he will advise further.

Large price difference that makes me wonder but there is a 2 year warranty and TUV etc!!

I'll wait to be corrected by the experts but I have read or 4/5 A8 owners who have fitted these and not had a complaint (or not one that they have posted!)

I have used Aerosus for a compressor and it was great. I also used them for a replacement air strut (Mercedes couldn’t supply) but it knocked from the moment it was fitted, I had to buy another and they issued a refund for the first, but I had to pay the PayPal fee and there was no contribution to the fitting. The replacement is now knocking 3 months later. Could be a bad batch, could be bad full stop. I would buy again though.

I used Arnotts to replace the rear air springs on my S211's self levelling rear suspension. Great product at great price from a German EBay supplier. I had one minor issue due to some missing instructions for the Voss push fit air line connectors. It is important to trim the pipe to remove the section "dented" by the original compression fittings. Then just push the pipe in and pull back to lock it in place.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

If anyone is looking to purchase an Aerosus unit, they currently have 20% off (Black Friday deal)

I fitted Aerosus air suspension units to the rear of my 2011 S212 E220 CDI almost 3 years ago.
They have been absolutely perfect since then.

The S212 has air suspension on the rear only and the air suspension units are quite different to the full air suspension on the OP's car but if my experience is anything to go on, I would be confident on their quality.

Have heard that one thing to be careful with aftermarket air struts is EDC (if applicable to your car). Have heard of units that have 'fake' EDC units which are not much more than welded on cylinders where the EDC section should go. Additionally, some aftermarket units are "refurbished" (air bag and shock absorber) some are just used parts with only the air bag section refurbed.

I was told of the EDC issue by Air Dominance, who don't seem to be in business anymore. Not a total surprise given communication was very bad the last time I purchased from them, sadly. Still, am very happy with the set they provided for my CLS55 which were totally refurbished (strut and bag) OEM units.

A quick search on Ali Express will give you all the suppliers for the 'new' ones made in China, together with pictures of what they look like.

Last edited:
Electronic dampening control (comfort, sport, etc.)

Not sure if only on AMGs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom