• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Artico Leather cleaning

HappytalkAgain

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
C Class Estate. Vito Van 119 W447 XLWB
I’ve recently acquired a van with Artico Leather (leatherette?).

As I’m a mucky builder I know it’s important to clean them regularly (I don’t want seat covers). Do I use a leather cleaner on them or an alternative seeing as it’s not real leather?

TIA. Ant.

I’ve recently acquired a van with Artico Leather (leatherette?).

As I’m a mucky builder I know it’s important to clean them regularly (I don’t want seat covers). Do I use a leather cleaner on them or an alternative seeing as it’s not real leather?

TIA. Ant.
Good to hear from you again buddy :) .

Good to see you back, Ant. Hope all is good in your world.

Regarding keeping Artico clean, I always used to use a bit of diluted APC (Flash!, for example), on a soft cloth and then wipe down with another cloth wrung out in clean water.

Artico is robust stuff.

As above… glad you’re back!

I’d just use any all purpose cleaner, Megs do a good one. Also leather cleaner would probably be fine too, most automotive leather is sealed anyway so the cleaners are not much different between vinyl or leather seats (in my experience)…

Yes you can use APC or leather cleaner, doesnt matter which one

I tend to go mainly for leather cleaners because they smell better but there isnt any difference in cleaning power.

Considering Artico is a man made vinyl, I would have thought soapy water would do the trick.
Yeah, I agree, but I wondered if I use a conditioning cleaner if it might help keep the material softer/suppler for longer? 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for all the reply’s guys. Very helpful. 👍

Yeah, I agree, but I wondered if I use a conditioning cleaner if it might help keep the material softer/suppler for longer? 🤷‍♂️

Thanks for all the reply’s guys. Very helpful. 👍
I doubt it, surely Artico is fully waterproof.

Dirty boy :banana:

I wouldn't discount seat covers though. These polish made custom seat covers that eBay are full of, really are good. They may be 200 quid but well worth it. I ordered a set for my van whilst I was waiting for my trimmer to get the time to fit me in and when they arrived and got them fitted I decided to not bother with a retrim. Even my trimmer was impressed with them for the money !!! You do need to remove the seats though to get a proper tight fit though.

Dirty boy :banana:

I wouldn't discount seat covers though. These polish made custom seat covers that eBay are full of, really are good. They may be 200 quid but well worth it. I ordered a set for my van whilst I was waiting for my trimmer to get the time to fit me in and when they arrived and got them fitted I decided to not bother with a retrim. Even my trimmer was impressed with them for the money !!! You do need to remove the seats though to get a proper tight fit though.
Proper dirty I am!! 😁

I was almost up for some quality seat covers right until your very last sentence. 🤨

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom