• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Audi A3 1.9 Tdi

Thmsshaun

MB Enthusiast
Car
2009 C300 4Matic, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2015 Triumph Tiger800 XCX
With getting a bike now and other things the C43's replacememnt I think will be one of these. something economical but at the same time still has some go about it.

Does anyone have any experience of them?

My mate's got one and she loves it. Got the Sportpack. It's an OK car certainly.

Colleague has one of the last of the previous generation. She said it's not really very exciting, but it does everything she wants it too, with zero fuss.

I knew a guy who had the first of the new shape, and he reckoned it was a superb car - must admit it looked sensational - black with big alloys and sport pack.

If you buy a car with good history, I reckon they're a relatively safe bet - and should be relatively easy to sell when the time comes.

Let us know how you get on...

Some good looking deals on that skyfleet website

Want cheap motoring:D

A new one or a used one? I used to own a Mk IV Golf with the 1.9 TD engine putting out 130bhp.

It was brisk certainly, but in a very dieselly way, so noisy, had huge turbo lag, and was very dieselling annoying in that it ran out of oomph above 3750 rpm. I also never got anywhere near the claimed economy figures, with early 40s mpg being average with late 30s being normal on an enthusiastic run. I had it from new though so it could have just been loosening up.

Unless you're doing mega mileage, I'd go for the 1.8 petrol turbo.

The 1.8 petrol is very prone to oil pump failure, almost all will have had a new one by 60K as those engines build up sludge very very quickly...
if the problem isnt detected in time it will scrap the engine due to oil starvation... be careful with the 1.8T engines on audi, vw etc...

jaymanek said:
The 1.8 petrol is very prone to oil pump failure, almost all will have had a new one by 60K as those engines build up sludge very very quickly...
if the problem isnt detected in time it will scrap the engine due to oil starvation... be careful with the 1.8T engines on audi, vw etc...

My 1.8T Audi A6 has 207,000miles on it now, will have to check in the paperwork this evening if it has ever had an oil pump:eek:

BenzComander said:
I know, if you just want a box to run back and forth to work, you cant go wrong for that money!

I've been thinking about getting a cheap runaround for a while - this could be just the job. Incredible value.

MHT223 said:
LOL!! How cheap!
Do these things depreciate more than 50% in 2 years?, if not it might be better to buy - if you add the VAT, thats how much you would be paying to lease (~£3000)

Still, pretty cheap!

smartbrabus said:
Do these things depreciate more than 50% in 2 years?, if not it might be better to buy - if you add the VAT, thats how much you would be paying to lease (~£3000)

Good point - that £999 deposit bumps it up - it's more than a third of the total cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom