• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Likely VW T-Roc Purchase

As per the info in the honest john real mpg title (without having to click the link) it shows it's a '130' bhp.

I did a drive today, not getting barely above 40mph over only 14 miles and single lane country roads, and achieved 49mpg.

I think this wheezy little 1.5 just doesn't do well above about 45mph, especially in heavy traffic needing lots of slowing down and speeding up. Speeding up takes an age, with very little low down torque. Or you can drop it into 4th and give it the beans (and the associated fuel).

It's a 3 cylinder isn't (the 1.5T)?

As per the info in the honest john real mpg title (without having to click the link) it shows it's a '130' bhp.

I did a drive today, not getting barely above 40mph over only 14 miles and single lane country roads, and achieved 49mpg.

I think this wheezy little 1.5 just doesn't do well above about 45mph, especially in heavy traffic needing lots of slowing down and speeding up. Speeding up takes an age, with very little low down torque. Or you can drop it into 4th and give it the beans (and the associated fuel).
1.5Tsi is available in both 130 and 150 PS flavours. The 130 is known for being a tad 'flat'.

1.6 Turbo diesel is the future!:cool:

On mpg: a BMW 320i XDrive touring always gives early 40’s mpg. (40-45 mpg depending on where/how you’re driving). Which is nice.

It’s 45mpg if you choose not to have X drive.

Partly it’s about being low slung and slippery, of course. (B48 LCI engine)

Rubbish sounding engine, of course, but accelerates and handles well on UK roads and, being petrol, there are none of the long term diesel risks.

On mpg: a BMW 320i XDrive touring always gives early 40’s mpg. (40-45 mpg depending on where/how you’re driving). Which is nice.

It’s 45mpg if you choose not to have X drive.

Partly it’s about being low slung and slippery, of course. (B48 LCI engine)

Rubbish sounding engine, of course, but accelerates and handles well on UK roads and, being petrol, there are none of the long term diesel risks.
Likewise the 330i - mine currently doing 41.6mpg mixed pottering about and motorway work. Have seen 45mpg on long runs with lots of mooching along at 65mph.

Yeah, we had a 1.6 diesel A1 a while back, and I could achieve over 70mpg without too much bother. Great little things.
When I came out of the mighty S250d in to the Honda HRV 1.6td I had a "what have I done" moment. Now having got used to the manual 6 speed and 100bhp less, I find that I am covering distances at the same rate but with less fuel not dropped out of the 50s yet. Not as refined as the Merc, but better for my wallet so no regrets.

When I came out of the mighty S250d in to the Honda HRV 1.6td I had a "what have I done" moment. Now having got used to the manual 6 speed and 100bhp less, I find that I am covering distances at the same rate but with less fuel not dropped out of the 50s yet. Not as refined as the Merc, but better for my wallet so no regrets.
We bought a Tiguan Life (low profile tyre, big wheel avoidance) last year. It has the 1.5 TSI 150PS engine. Pulls well and we get mid 40’s mpg most of the time. Decided against diesel (AddBlue avoidance). Quite happy with it.

We bought a Tiguan Life (low profile tyre, big wheel avoidance) last year. It has the 1.5 TSI 150PS engine. Pulls well and we get mid 40’s mpg most of the time. Decided against diesel (AddBlue avoidance). Quite happy with it.
AddBlue was an issue for me as well. The HRV does not have it, I think that the engine is olde skule as I had the same in a 13 plate Civic.

The old Tiguan is still on Autotrader, now at £4,000, which is the cheapest 2011+ sub 100k miles Tiguan Match on Autotrader except for two others; one that is battered and another with EML light on. Ours is in very good nick and properly serviced with good quality parts plus new fluids, cambelt, water pump, thermostat, but it will need tyres in the not too distant future. I can wang on some rubbish Chinese ditch finders for under £70 a corner, and I'd be glad I wasn't driving it. I priced it as one of the cheapest so the next owner could make their choice on tyre.

Had a local guy view today and make a sightly disappointing offer at £3.5k for a mate, which is his top offer apparently. Although the guy who looked around it who is a mechanic said he was bowled over by the condition because it was so good he thought there was initially something suspect about it! Thoughts on this offer? Should I hold out for a few days? Is the lower end of the market slowed due to the max due to pain and financial crippling being dished out by Starmer & Co? Would I get more interest if I put an outlandishly high price, e.g. £6k? I wonder if people avoid the cheapest ones because 'something must be wrong'?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom