• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Autocar Archive

MB Enthusiast
Car
2009 W204 C180K
Over on the Autocar magazine website they have free access to the archive for the next 7 days.

You can read copies of Autocar from the 1890's right up to the present day. I've just been looking at the early 1970's which is when I started driving. The period road tests go into great technical detail compared to what we get today.

Requires registration, but it is free:

I had every copy of Autocar from around 1994 through to 202X, with the last decade or so unopened in their original (subscription) packaging! Now long since sent to the newsagent in the sky.

In the mid-nineties I used to visit a library which had every copy so that I could read and photocopy road tests for cars that I was interested in, now all a available on my phone in seconds.

The old romantic in me still prefers the idea of riding my bike on a cold, wet and windy January evening to read this road test in the library before braving the sleet on the way home again. The old man in me doesn’t!

One of my soft spots....:

Screenshot-20240917-225549-Chrome.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom