Autodoc customer service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Okay - so you’re giving them a bashing based on the fact you ordered the wrong part (a LHD filter for a RHD car) and now want your credit card company to start a dispute?

I understand the frustration of dealing with customer services of large organisations but I don’t see what the issue is - just return the item if you can, otherwise sell it on eBay as suggested.

Here’s their returns policy for standard orders:

Sorry to sound unsympathetic here but it wasn’t their mistake, was it? :)

Maybe not, initially, but they have gone on to tell me that the filter is correct for my car. The fact that they can't seem to understand that it isn't is more my issue.

Furthermore, it doesn't change how bad their CS is. Considering I've spent a fair bit with them, I would have hoped that they'd be a bit more helpful in rectifying things.

I've dealt with them twice & luckily no issues, but I did say in a previous post they don't have the best reviews when it comes to their CS when there is a problem, they all seem to stink, regardless of whether the wrong part has or hasn't been ordered they seem very reluctant to deal with the problem to the customers satisfaction.
Sorry you're having issues.

Some folks seem to have luck with this lot, unfortunately not me.

I had problems with them sending me pattern ‘stark’ parts after ordering oem brands. Also ordered a part which was listed as in stock but wasn’t and they didn’t bother to cancel or make contact. Customer service is a nightmare, they do relent eventually but it takes some effort.

If you make a mistake ordering from euro’s or GSF you can just pop it back for a refund. Ordering from abroad you are stuck with it or lumbered paying expensive P&P. Something to consider.

Last edited:
Arghhh!!!!! Autodoc customer service is appalling!

I've used Autodoc before and never had any trouble, apart from the 2 week wait for stuff to arrive.

However, recently I ordered the stuff to service my W211 (RHD).

Their parts selector indicated a Mann FP3172 pollen filter, amongst other parts that I bought.

Upon removing the old filter, it became obvious that the 3172 was not correct, partly because the old filter was a 3172/1 and also because they are a mirror image of each other.

Yes, you could flip the filter over to get it to fit, but then the direction of air flow would be incorrect.

I contacted Autodoc about this, providing photos of the filters, housing, car, VIN, etc.... They responded telling me that their technical department says it can be mounted! They seem unable grasp the simple fact that it would be upside-down and therefore have air travelling the wrong direction.

I have exchanged more emails than I care to count, yet still they are being awkward and not just accepting a return or issuing a refund! Arghhh!!!
Never trust Auto-Doc parts search. Find the MB part number on the EPC and search for equivalents to that. The only way, in my opinion.

RayH

Good news!

They have finally accepted that the 3172 filter is not suitable for my car. That said, they are also telling me that the 3172/1 is also unsuitable!:wallbash::doh:

I feel your pain @ChrisEdu

Just tried asking them over chat if they supply a GB vat invoice.
Seems they do not and supply them with a DE invoice/vat receipt.

You have an invoice that shows this?

I had an email from Mann's distributor telling me that I was correct and Autodoc wrong in which filters are suitable for what.

They terminated my chat session!

All I asked was is it a "DE" or "GB" VAT number but they just went round in circles saying 20%.......

No good for the company if it's a 20% we can't reclaim, increases some parts by a fair bit, well 20% actually. ;)

All I asked was is it a "DE" or "GB" VAT number but they just went round in circles saying 20%.......

No good for the company if it's a 20% we can't reclaim, increases some parts by a fair bit, well 20% actually. ;)
I feel your pain! It's like hitting your head against a wall with shards of glass and honey badgers!

So, remind me why you use autodoc again 🤣 🤣

I've not yet, parts were looking like £103 inc. VAT but not UK VAT.

Same parts on Amazon £125 inc. VAT so £104 net, smoother at Amazon I think.

Pat,

They’re showing a GB VAT number on one of my previous invoices:

VAT Reg No: GB206461432

Invoice shows standard Net amount, 20% VAT etc.

Not sure if that helps you? :thumb:

For what it’s worth, you could copy and paste some of the content on threads like this into any sort of organisation. Some will have good experiences and not worry and a few people will be unhappy.

Same as tyre dealers, wheels refurb places, independent garages, main dealers etc.

I’ve had far worse customer service from Euro Car Parts/CP4L. I doubt most of their staff know much better with regards to correct fitment of parts and certainly their pricing is rarely as keen ;)

Remember - the mistake was made by the OP in this instance. The information on Autodoc’s website/app is/was correct - and they just supplied what was ordered.

But it seems like their communication via customer support wasn’t as clear as it should have been? :)

I’ve had far worse customer service from Euro Car Parts/CP4L. I doubt most of their staff know much better with regards to correct fitment of parts and certainly their pricing is rarely as keen
I never use ECP these days - their bogus ‘discount codes’ sales tactic is silly! :)

I never use ECP these days - their bogus ‘discount codes’ sales tactic is silly! :)
I don’t actively try to avoid them but can pretty much always find what I need either cheaper or I use a local motor factors. Place is open early til late and weekends etc, try to give them the business when I can - we all miss places like that when you have a car in bits and need something! :)

They’re showing a GB VAT number on one of my previous invoices:

VAT Reg No: GB206461432

Invoice shows standard Net amount, 20% VAT etc.

Not sure if that helps you? :thumb:

Excellent, I was thinking if they were selling in/as the UK then HMRC would have forced them to register. Just made their prices more attractive.

Yes, valid VAT number
Member StateGB
VAT NumberGB 206461432
Date when request received2020/11/27 22:16:10
NameAUTODOC GMBH
AddressHM REVENUE AND CUSTOMS
RUBY HOUSE
8 RUBY PLACE
ABERDEEN
AB10 1ZP

I think the autodoc.do.uk address is a clue for the UK registered side of it. Presumably the invoices differ if you’re shopping from different territories etc l :)

They seem like a big organisation and sell in multiple countries across Europe AFAIK :thumb:

Tried again, they are off their trollies.

We are company based in Germany, Berlin

In case you want to remove VAT from your order please provide the Company Official Name and the company ID

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom