Autodoc customer service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tried again, they are off their trollies.

If you provide them with your UK VAT number, they should be able to sell you the goods without charging VAT (MwSt in Germany).

I will only purchase items from Autodoc , when i know the right part number .Dont let them choose it for you i needed fuel pumps. I put the reg number in and the menue that was recomended for my car showed 6 tyoe of fuel pumps .I only wanted a Bosch pump .I knew the number of the Bosch fuel pump that i needed, and it was not on the page . So i came away empty handed . And i am still looking.

How about this then -put up the price by 50% And then knock of 50% in a Black Friday Sale .Those Bosch pumps are £100 aprox .View attachment 105345
That’s GSF car parts under a different website/trading name.

I will only purchase items from Autodoc , when i know the right part number .Dont let them choose it for you i needed fuel pumps. I put the reg number in and the menue that was recomended for my car showed 6 tyoe of fuel pumps .I only wanted a Bosch pump .I knew the number of the Bosch fuel pump that i needed, and it was not on the page . So i came away empty handed . And i am still looking.
Where are you getting the Bosch part number from? You might find it has been superseded if it’s the original one from the pump ie 30 years ago.

You can always try a search through Bosch / web catalogue etc and see what they come up with? :thumb:

You can also search directly by part number on the autodoc website/app - even if they haven’t got the pump you want listed against your particular model/year etc. If Bosch do it I’m sure they will be able to supply it :cool:

Will i conntacted Bosch themselves with the vin number and i asked them for the right number,, so i could go ahead and purchase the pair of fuel pumps it was seen to me . .And i go to a parts site to order , and i still get sone other number Now after so many others have been telling me its this number and that number i am stuck in the middle of the deep blue sea . I said before AutoDoc have 6 fuel pumps 3 Bosch and not one matches the numbers i had back from the Bosch company .

I put the MB number into AutoDoc search and it does well. I then double check the cross-references for the premium marques like VDO, Lemfoerder, Bosch etc.

Never gone wrong yet, fingers crossed.

R

I have just ordered the stuff I needed from Amazon.
Had emailed Autdoc asking for clarification but no reply.

Paid 14% / £15 more but not worth saving £15 and dealing with Autodoc.

Actually got a sensible email reply today.

Apparently have to be registered, input details in address as "Company" along with VAT number in the section and when going all the way through to checkout the final total calculates as intra EU VAT free.

Amazon order ended up 66p cheaper based on todays price still though.

Actually got a sensible email reply today.

Apparently have to be registered, input details in address as "Company" along with VAT number in the section and when going all the way through to checkout the final total calculates as intra EU VAT free.

Amazon order ended up 66p cheaper based on todays price still though.
I would go with Amazon if the price is comparable due to faster delivery

I would go with Amazon if the price is comparable due to faster delivery

All day long, no hassle with returns or bad deliveries too.

Parts for another car are £115 at Autodoc & £138 at Amazon, will keep in my basket hoping they come down. ;)

What I was able to do on occasion, was search based on the MB P/N, then find a photo of the part online (e.g. on eBay), showing both the MB P/N and the manufacturer's P/N.

Yikes! I forgot about AutoDoc. Their Youtube clips are pretty handy, but that's about it.

I once ordered a rubber crankcase breather hose for a 1997 C180 petrol 111.921 engine.
What arrived was said rubber hose, perfectly formed. However, someone had actually taken a blade and sliced a chunk out the side of the tube, making it susceptible to collapse.
When I confronted AutoDoc by phone, they told me that they had bought parts from another warehouse which still had the name on the moulding, so they sliced it off!!
I explained that they effectively voided the warranty before sending it out, and knowingly sent me a damaged product. I got no refund, despite almost losing an eye to rage on the phone. But they did send me a replacement part, this time with the very German sounding manufacturer name still on the moulding.

Then the next order came fake NGK Iridium spark plugs. They showed all the classic signs of fake boxes, fake electrode finishing from manufacturer, etc.
That one I had to get my money back from Visa, because AutoDoc didn't want to know.

Would I recommend? Not a chance.

Arghhh!!!!! Autodoc customer service is appalling!

I've used Autodoc before and never had any trouble, apart from the 2 week wait for stuff to arrive.

However, recently I ordered the stuff to service my W211 (RHD).

Their parts selector indicated a Mann FP3172 pollen filter, amongst other parts that I bought.

Upon removing the old filter, it became obvious that the 3172 was not correct, partly because the old filter was a 3172/1 and also because they are a mirror image of each other.

Yes, you could flip the filter over to get it to fit, but then the direction of air flow would be incorrect.

I contacted Autodoc about this, providing photos of the filters, housing, car, VIN, etc.... They responded telling me that their technical department says it can be mounted! They seem unable grasp the simple fact that it would be upside-down and therefore have air travelling the wrong direction.

I have exchanged more emails than I care to count, yet still they are being awkward and not just accepting a return or issuing a refund! Arghhh!!!
I agree.

I use to have some suppliers in Germany. they dispatched my stock to a customer with my cost price in. despite me reminding them to only email me an invoice

I like German cars, but not the people

Yikes! I forgot about AutoDoc. Their Youtube clips are pretty handy, but that's about it.

I once ordered a rubber crankcase breather hose for a 1997 C180 petrol 111.921 engine.
What arrived was said rubber hose, perfectly formed. However, someone had actually taken a blade and sliced a chunk out the side of the tube, making it susceptible to collapse.
When I confronted AutoDoc by phone, they told me that they had bought parts from another warehouse which still had the name on the moulding, so they sliced it off!!
I explained that they effectively voided the warranty before sending it out, and knowingly sent me a damaged product. I got no refund, despite almost losing an eye to rage on the phone. But they did send me a replacement part, this time with the very German sounding manufacturer name still on the moulding.

Then the next order came fake NGK Iridium spark plugs. They showed all the classic signs of fake boxes, fake electrode finishing from manufacturer, etc.
That one I had to get my money back from Visa, because AutoDoc didn't want to know.

Correct, thats all I like about them

Fake NGK spark plugs from Autodoc. Sounds *very* unlikely to me - they’re a huge company not some small time eBay/Amazon reseller or AliExpress etc. Where do you think they would have got them from?

How can you be certain of this?

What did you do with them?

Never had a problem with Autodoc supplying parts for my MB or Audi. Based on my experience I would recommend them.

Fake NGK spark plugs from Autodoc. Sounds *very* unlikely to me - they’re a huge company not some small time eBay/Amazon reseller or AliExpress etc. Where do you think they would have got them from?

How can you be certain of this?

What did you do with them?
I have to say.
I use to supply a lot of Icer Ultra Premium Pads. My customers went to Autodoc too. The boxes were totally different to what they advertised.
Also, the parts said made in PRC (China).
All genuine Icer Brakes are made in Spain. The head office even is in Spain.

We have some good UK motor factors here in the UK. I dont know why everyone has this snobbery towards british owned businesses. Euro car parts are no longer any good and are US owned. Autodoc is German too..

They don't treat us very well and we're putting our money outside of the UK. I want to keep the money within the UK as much as I can and keep British people in jobs as much as I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom