Back to a black car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks for that Phil. Certainly something to think about doing soon.
Luckily those areas are not showing stone chips yet, but prevention is cheaper than the cure;)

Ordered some Poor Boys Black Hole sealant and a tin of Bilt Hamber double speed wax this morning from "Clean my Car"
I'll see how that goes for now.
I think I'm falling quickly into the detailing black hole. Looking at DA polishers now. Is there any cure?:D

Thanks for the suggestions. (Sorry Gav, I ordered before I saw your post about Zymol)

Looking at DA polishers now. Is there any cure?:D

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Cracking looking car you have there but I don't miss the polishing obsession I used to have, there is no cure once you start down that slippery slope :)

I'm now thankful for Matt paint and full PPF covering :thumb:

Once you fall into the detailing trap you’re done for and it’ll cost loads of cash, your Mrs will curse you cause you’ll spend more time cleaning your car than doing stuff in the house and it’ll end with you living in the garage.
It’s rather satisfying though :)
I used to spend hours doing my Black Disco, especially after a trip across Salisbury Plain, the mud was immense.
I even clay barred the caravan one weekend which was a bit sad lol.
Now I have Boris I might get myself some new products...it’s just the excuse I need, something that’ll make the Cavanite Blue lovely and sparkley:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any cure?:D

No, you bought a black car and you're f***kd just like me :D

Lovely looking car Fusso coat is worth a try seems to keeps a glossy shine for quite a while and loves the rain.

I was a big of BH double speed wax but in the summer months I noticed a bit of streaking when the sun hit it no matter how I applied it.

Black hole glaze is a good call, I'm working on the missus to treat me to Zymol carbon wax for Christmas but with the twins birthday, car insurance, Christmas and we're expecting in Janaury my chances looking slim lol

The car has taken a back seat to life at the moment getting a chance to clean it every couple of weeks but the Fusso coat is holding up lovely applying megs quick detailer on the in between washes.

Black cars are definitely hard to keep clean! Have you tried using G3 Boshyshop/Rapid detailer? I have used it after a wash and it shines it up really well. It can also be used in between washes (not on a filthy car!) but I guess for instances like when the car is driven to a meet.

G3 Bodyshop Detailer Spray 500ml Farecla Remove Light Dirt & Dust 814847016373 | eBay

70843041_10157616538721913_1934413322627579904_n.jpg

71010733_10157616538506913_5070367171062792192_n.jpg

^ Haven't tried that one, but very pleased with both the Farecla G3 scratch remover and their wax. Nearly out of the wax, so the Bilt Hamber wax is replacing it.

We are a Distributor for Farecla Products, there Resin Polish/wax is a great seller too. :)

I'll have to keep an eye out for that one!

I did give the sonax bsd a go once but it didn't quite give the shine i liked, which might have been down to being a tad thicker than the Meg's one, however for the missus light blue car it was great.

I do only ever use a QD after a clean though otherwise I would need a black sack full of clean microfibre clothes for interim attempts with any QD product.

Black cars are so unforgiving but they definitely hone your detailing skills as they ruthlessly show every mistake and scratch but when they are clean they look amazing.

If you're unsure about any of the products, you're welcome to try them on mine :D

I feel your pain been a fellow ocd head, my previous 3 cars where black and as we no merc paint is like concrete to correct. Looks awesome when clean but shows every little mark/stone chip. Ive gone to silver this time and i am loving it as it hides some marks unless you really are keen on the eye. Still cant beat black though, the car looks awesome mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom