Badge OR No Badge

Should i keep the badge

• Yes - Keep it you fool!!

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • No - Looks more sleek!!

Votes: 44 80.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crazyjester900

Car
C200 W202
Hi guys,

i will be de-badging my car on the weekend, i think it looks
a lot cleaner.... ok i have been very faithful in keeping my car OEM..

I have posted a pic with and without (Used photoshop) to get rid
of the badge.

Let me know what you think???

I'm ready for a little back lash :)

With_Badge.jpg

Without_Badge.jpg

Thanks

Keep it, Mercs without badges just lack a bit of class IMO. Besides, you might end up with a dark C200 shadow in the paint if they come off!

Yeah , debadge it ... looks smoother that way.

Get some dental floss behind the badge and using a gentle sawing motion , cut through the sticky foam that holds that badge on.

Peel the rest off , wipe the remnants of the sticky off with white spirit and then repolish.

Shouldn't be any sign of where the badge used to be unless your car is particularly badly faded ( which i guess it might be being that you are in a very sunny hot climate ) ...

Have a look inside your boot shut ( if it is a significantly different colour to the exterior bodywork , you might have a fade problem. Usually it is the more red cars that fade though. )

I vote for the debadging too, doesn't suit all cars but it looks cleaner and neater on yours :)

Will

debadging looks cleaner to me

Mercs without badges just lack a bit of class IMO!

Noooooo, opposite me thinks. Firstly it looks cleaner, secondly it doesn't SHOUT about the engine size. If it's a small engine, then it keeps quiet about it. If it's a big engine, it's far cooler to play it down...like talking about how much money you have....how vulgar ;)

(having said that I'd have a Phantom at a drop of a hat - which incidentally is never badged)

Last edited:
Strange how de-badging is quite a polar debate.

I've only ever debadged one car, a Vauxhall Astra Coupe Turbo - on the boot it said Vauxhall on the bottom left, Coupe on the bottom right, and Turbo in a scripted font above.

It just looked naff, and I preferred people to think it was a 1.8, so I asked the dealer to remove only the Turbo badge before it I picked it up. Looked much better.

I thought I'd want to do the same with my C-Class - there are lots of badges, as the front wings have a couple on each side too. I saw a debadged one, and thought it didn't look right, so they've stayed on.

My Mondeo fools some - it was the first edition Tit X when it was a limited run; it looks like an ST (has the same body etc, same shape front fogs, same grill etc) but has different 18" wheels, and is badged Mondeo at the back with a small TDCi badge. No mention of the Titanium X designation. And it looks nothing like the run-out model when it was available as a standard edition (which didn't have the ST bodywork etc).

Keeps 'em guessing :cool:

thought it would be a resounding no to de-badging. I think it looks great. I have seen it on a few other cars. Makes em look mean. I've done alot to the car and i think it deserves to look angry! Lol de-badging it is. It will go off tomorrow. Thanks. :)

Personally I'd leave it on as it looks a bit bland debadged.:eek: Fortunately my car has enough lettering to fill the boot lid BOTH sides..:D

A sense of humour at a Ford dealership. Well, they are comedy cars..

IMO it depends a lot on the individual car. The chrome "SL500" badging on my R129 is relatively small, and not obtrusive on the silver paintwork.

My Vito had a lot more lettering ("Vito 120 CDI") on dark blue paintwork, and it definitely looks much cleaner and nicer with it removed.

Yeh,

it is personal preference. I think i am going for a more

"mininalistic"

sort of look!!

My old E55 was debadged when I got it and it wasnt until I sold it I put them back on, I thought that would keep them guessing, I see so many E55 look-a-likes, big rims, skirts, exhausts, badges, the brakes are always a give away though, I say debadge it, its cooler, When I had the SEC I wanted it debadged and I only wanted Mercedes Benz V8 on it, like the old Saubers in group C (WSPC Group C not the Australian group C which I believe is a forerunner to the V8 Supercars,) you know who made and whats under the bonnet and thats all you need to know!!!

I'm set on off i think, adds a little mystery..

On that note, how hard is it to re-attach??

can you put back on the old ones?

Do you need new ones?

Cheers

Last edited:
Think you'd have a job to re-attach properly.

Getting the alignment/spacing correct is not that easy, and the double-sided adhesive tape is recessed into each of the letters. So you'd have to dig out the old stuff and cut new to fit - very fiddly and time-consuming (assuming you can get hold of the right tape anyway). Easier just to buy new badges, I'd have thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom