Becker sat nav

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

broncoupe

Car
slk55
Daughter has 2015 A class car is prewired for nav
when we bought car 2018 dealer gave us a new module to plug in but it asked for a code spoke to Becker several times downloaded stuff even emailed them nothing worked
went back to mercedes dealer he gave as a new unit still cellophaned wrapped I'm staring at it as write this message
what is correct procedure to initiate the unit and what code do you enter
thank you

It looks as if the old unit had the anti theft pin enabled, and the dealer removed it from a different car which is why it didn't work on yours.

The new unit should not be asking for a code, the anti theft pin is disabled by default.

You will, however, need to download the Becker maps update software and update the maps, while the unit is connected to your laptop via the supplied Mini-USB cable.

And, as this is a brand new unit, you should also be entitled to download the latest version of the maps free-of-charge, for a period of 60 days from when the unit is first registered.

Also, there's a separate firmware update, that updates the actual navigation software (I.e. not the maps), and this is a free download once you have registered the new unit.

It looks as if the old unit had the anti theft pin enabled, and the dealer removed it from a different car which is why it didn't work on yours.

The new unit should not be asking for a code, the anti theft pin is disabled by default.

You will, however, need to download the Becker maps update software and update the maps, while the unit is connected to your laptop via the supplied Mini-USB cable.

And, as this is a brand new unit, you should also be entitled to download the latest version of the maps free-of-charge, for a period of 60 days from when the unit is first registered.

Also, there's a separate firmware update, that updates the actual navigation software (I.e. not the maps), and this is a free download once you have registered the new unit.
Thank will give it a try

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom