Benz on The Green 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thank you for another great "Benz on the Green" great to meet up again with everyone once again. Good to see one of my best pals Druk and his lovely better half Bette,down from Scotland before the passport booths get built.

Thanks for the "Car of the show" award too for my old motor, very much appreciated, looking forward to next years and we must try and break the £4 grand barrier for Ollie and BEN.

Absolutely superb day, the black e36 Amg was the stand out car of the day it was pristine and a real credit to its owner.

Saw the quality of a bonnet that projex had done to replicate the C63 black series vents close up and must say it was shockingly poor, how people pay so much money for this workmanship and are happy with the result is beyond me.

Just got back from the event (1.30am) very tired but a good day nice to catch up with friends new & old, although I didn't seem to have time to get round everyone..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back at 1:30?

We left the curry house at the same time and I had further to travel to get home.
After stopping to re-fuel, I was back for 1:15!

Did you, Keith and Ian stop off for some In Vito Fertilisation?

At the risk of repeating what others have already said...

It was lovely to meet some new faces, but not all of them wore the ID badges that take time to produce.

10/10 for PCS for putting on a fantastic event.
However, perhaps some take the high standard of this GTG year-on-year for granted?

I say that, because it's all there - everyone and every thing has been catered for as a result of tweaking things to improve on the previous events - not something some organising an event that was a success the previous year would be too fussed about, but we are talking about PCS here...

It was, as always, a pleasure to meet up with friends I've known for years (they know who they are) and it's a pity we don't meet more often.

A carbon copy of last year, I did the inbound trip in stages, but fortified by good company and an excellent chicken Madras on the outbound journey, I made it back in one hit.

I apologise for the confusion with the raffle ticket draw, but in an effort to recoup the fuel costs for my Range Rover, I took to selling a few books myself. What?

Comfort-wise, my 210 is good to travel in.
However, making these journeys in the Range Rover is fantastic.
It's a truly fabulous motor and I consider myself very lucky to own it.
You should try one sometime. :)

Druk and Mrs Druk always brighten my day, on the telephone, or in person. They really are sunshine. :thumb:

The outbound curry club (where I found myself being reeled in by a lovely blue Jaguar) is growing, and makes for a lovely end to a great day with favourite forum members.

It won't be long before the event comes around again.

Thanks for the effort in organising and the great company among friends.

Last edited:
Here are some of my pictures from the day

Last edited:
Just to echo every one else:
Thanks to all the PCS team for another great day @ BOTG :thumb:

Matt

Another great GTG thanks to Ollie and the team! Thanks for fitting me in for a quick service too!

Nice to see most of the familiar faces and new ones too and time seems to fly by when among enthusiasts and friends alike

Only just got on line having attended another event at Lookers Gatwick yesterday with Mercedes-Benz-Club Kent / London Regions. A different type of thing but enjoyable nonetheless.

Many thanks to all the Organisers for their splendid efforts, to Ollie for the ATF change and oil leak repair, Ray for winning COTS and Pete for eating a BBQ and a meal in the pub too!

Thanks to Olly and the team once again for a fantastic GTG :cool:

I don't have as much free time as I used to for cars and GTGs these days but always try and make this one, it's the highlight of the year out of all the MB/car events :)

Sorry if I didn't get to say hello to everyone but an excellent turnout of well presented and some very interesting cars to see. Was also a good choice for the car of the show and the cleanest car - nice to see some older well maintained cars getting recognition for their owner's hard work and TLC :thumb:

Weather was great also and the organisers did a great job of making sure everyone was looked after - I think all the kids enjoyed the bouncy castle and decent food/drink too.

Looking forward to next year :cool:

What can I say, well done Ollie and co. for yet another great event! I've attached a few photos of some of the "workers" in action

Attachments

• 1DSL5809.jpg
    1DSL5809.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 1DSL5814.jpg
    1DSL5814.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 1DSL5824.jpg
    1DSL5824.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 89
Arrived late and had to leave early so didn't get to speak to as many of the regulars as I would have liked.

Brilliant day and becoming one of my annual highlights Year on Year

As everyone has said, thanks again for all the hard work

What can I say, well done Ollie and co. for yet another great event! I've attached a few photos of some of the "workers" in action

Thanks for the picture of my car:thumb:

And my ML as well... all thanks to Brucemillar winning best-in-show, and parking right next to it...
There are now more pictures of my (very dirty) car on here than I have at home...

Mind, when I set off it was one of the cleanest!

PaulG said:
And my ML as well... all thanks to Brucemillar winning best-in-show, and parking right next to it... There are now more pictures of my (very dirty) car on here than I have at home... Mind, when I set off it was one of the cleanest!

A lifetime spent seeking out ugly people to sit beside in nightclubs has served me well ;^)

Not that I am suggesting for one second........

Sent from my iPhone using sausage fingers.

DSCF6521.jpg

DSCF6522.jpg

DSCF6544.jpg
Great event, thanks to all the people who took time to organise it.
Will try and get there earlier next year !

DSCF6554.jpg

DSCF6555.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom